Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Ranking Trends updated with 2005!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rager1, Apr 19, 2004.

1. rager1

rager1 Anatomy-be-gone
    7+ Year Member

Hi Everyone,

I've updated the "Rankings Trend" spreadsheet that I created a couple of months ago to include the 2005 rankings. Like before, I've included only the rankings of schools that have broken into the Top 25 at least once. You'll notice there are two additions this year according to the info I have. U Wisconsin - Madison and UVa have both broken into the Top 25 for the first time in 2005 and are now a part of the spreadsheet. I'll retroactively add their past info when I have more time.

As you can see, there are still many years missing, making it perfectly possible that these two "new additions" broke into the Top 25 without our knowledge (or perhaps some other unmentioned school). If you have any information to fill in the missing years, please send it to me and I will update the spreadsheet further.

For now, enjoy. :)

EDIT: The link to the pdf is below.

--Rager

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gleevec

Gleevec Peter, those are Cheerios
    7+ Year Member

Great! Thanks a ton.

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Enjoying Life
    10+ Year Member

interesting.. what happened to Einstein? They dropped pretty rapidly

5. pekq

pekq Gunner
    7+ Year Member

Nice job! As a suggestion, perhaps more recent rankings should get more weight?

6. Lochmoor

Lochmoor Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Rager, thanks for this. I have one question/correction. I assume you got these rankings from us news and if i'm reading it correctly you have univ of iowa as having a rank of 24 for both '04 and '05. I believe their ranks are 25 and 28 for '04 and '05 respectively.

7. rager1

rager1 Anatomy-be-gone
    7+ Year Member

Hi All, I made some minor updates to this list. I entered the '03 and '04 rankings of UWisconsin-Madison, UVa, and made some corrections for '03 and '05 of UIowa.

Lochmoor, I am reading the 2004 USNews ranking guide as I write this and it says that UIowa was 24th in '04. That's what I went with. :)

I still need the following years: 88, 89, 91, 93, 94, 96, 98. The rankings started in '87. Help me out people! ;)

--Rager

Attached Files:

8. rager1

rager1 Anatomy-be-gone
    7+ Year Member

thought I'd bump this so more people would know it exists. I keep putting this sh** out late at night. :)