Ranking Trends updated with 2005!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rager1

Anatomy-be-gone
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've updated the "Rankings Trend" spreadsheet that I created a couple of months ago to include the 2005 rankings. Like before, I've included only the rankings of schools that have broken into the Top 25 at least once. You'll notice there are two additions this year according to the info I have. U Wisconsin - Madison and UVa have both broken into the Top 25 for the first time in 2005 and are now a part of the spreadsheet. I'll retroactively add their past info when I have more time.

As you can see, there are still many years missing, making it perfectly possible that these two "new additions" broke into the Top 25 without our knowledge (or perhaps some other unmentioned school). If you have any information to fill in the missing years, please send it to me and I will update the spreadsheet further.

For now, enjoy. :)

EDIT: The link to the pdf is below.

--Rager

Members don't see this ad.

Great! Thanks a ton.

interesting.. what happened to Einstein? They dropped pretty rapidly

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice job! As a suggestion, perhaps more recent rankings should get more weight?

Rager, thanks for this. I have one question/correction. I assume you got these rankings from us news and if i'm reading it correctly you have univ of iowa as having a rank of 24 for both '04 and '05. I believe their ranks are 25 and 28 for '04 and '05 respectively.

Lochmoor said:
Rager, thanks for this. I have one question/correction. I assume you got these rankings from us news and if i'm reading it correctly you have univ of iowa as having a rank of 24 for both '04 and '05. I believe their ranks are 25 and 28 for '04 and '05 respectively.

Hi All, I made some minor updates to this list. I entered the '03 and '04 rankings of UWisconsin-Madison, UVa, and made some corrections for '03 and '05 of UIowa.

Lochmoor, I am reading the 2004 USNews ranking guide as I write this and it says that UIowa was 24th in '04. That's what I went with. :)

I still need the following years: 88, 89, 91, 93, 94, 96, 98. The rankings started in '87. Help me out people! ;)

--Rager

Attachments

• rankings.pdf
    27.4 KB · Views: 286
thought I'd bump this so more people would know it exists. I keep putting this sh** out late at night. :)