rankings for residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wowzer

daaaaaamn homie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where I can find rankings for specific residency programs, such as neurosurgery or pediatrics?

Members don't see this ad.

wowzer said:
does anyone know where I can find rankings for specific residency programs, such as neurosurgery or pediatrics?

I do not think there is a such thing. Pretty much every residency program will produce a competent doctor. It all depends on what you want in your medical career. If you want to be an academic doc then doing a residecny at an academic institution is your best bet. On the otherhand if you want to get out and go into private practice then a community hospital without a research requirement may be your best choice. Also it depends on your specialty and if you are interested in pursuing a fellowship etc..

The closest thing I have seen is the usnews rankings of hosptials that has a breakdown of some specialties. I'm not sure the method but its the only thing I have come across.

Members don't see this ad :)
BrettBatchelor said:
The closest thing I have seen is the usnews rankings of hosptials that has a breakdown of some specialties. I'm not sure the method but its the only thing I have come across.

I will definetly check that out. Any other ideas?

wowzer said:
I will definetly check that out. Any other ideas?
the US news list is based on clinical treatment not training...while they usually are the same they don't have to be. I'd ask residency directors if I were you.