RANKINGS, I can't find published ones, what do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

al

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I've been digging around and I can't find any dental school rankings from us news world report, etc. I've been told by dental school administrators that dental schools refuse to be involved in rankings because there is no accurate/reliable way to rank them. So the question goes out to any of you, what would the top 10 schools be in your opinion (in either clinical or research, etc), cuz this would really help me in what schools to think about in my applications. Thanks pre-dents and good luck. Also, am I being pretty shallow or naive if I hold weather/environment as an influence on where I go? what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

first off, NO, you wouldn't be shallow to hold weather/environment as a factor...com on, you'll be living there for 4 years, you want to be happy while trudging through all that work/studying!

No, there aren't any rankings out there, I tried myself for a while.....You can buy a copy of ADEA Official Guide to Dental School, which publishes each school's avg. gpa/DAT. That'll give you an idea of the mos selective schools at least. Harvard, UCLA, and U. of Washington had the highest DAT scores last year. Acad. 22, PAT 20-21.

You can go through the the listing of schools to look at their average GPA/DAT like waiting said but that only tells you how the class did as undergrads. I'd reccomend finding out how they actually do on the their boards, afterall that's all that matters. But keep in mind the boards are regionalized so some are harder than others. Also, you can look at class size, cost, reputation amongst those you talk to, etc to formulate an informed opinion.

ALL RIGHT!!!! Way to go UW class of 2005!!!

GO DAWGS......WOOF.......WOOF.