Rant: amcas typo.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mskk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I did the same thing on my app...i worked from 9/2005-3/2007 but i wrote on the app 9/2006-3/2007....i too am freaking out thinking im done and already rejected but really you just have to calm down and realize that others make typos too and its not the end of the world. No single typo will ruin you and if they are interested in you, then they will probably ask you to clarify at an interview...I emailed all the schools im applying to and most of them basically said its no big deal, and i could update them of the change when my app is received. I know its hard not to freak out...ill be honest every single day i have a mini freak out about how i possibly might have ruined everything...but thats probably the neurotic pre med in us that makes us crazy over nothing. I also asked 3 different adcoms and all of them told me dont worry its a small mistake, and that most schools will not care as they see stuff liek this alot. For my case they told me to update, for youres, its so small i doubt anyone will care so i dont think it warrants an update.

One adcom told me that if any school did care about something so small and dumb as my mistake (or one likes yours) that you probably wouldnt want to be at an anal school like that anyways...which i thought was good advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Both of you, take deep breaths, it will be fine

oh i know im calmer now...after 1 week of going a bit crazy ! :laugh:. I know its fine and doesnt matter now. I just wanted to let him know hes not the only one who made a mistake and its probably nothing to worry about ! :)