Rapid Review Pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zambo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any opinions on the Rapid Review Pharm book? if you had to recommend one, would you go with Rapid Review Pharm or the Kaplan notes for Pharm?

Members don't see this ad.

I have RR Pharm. If you like Goljan stuff, you may like RR Pharm. You can see that some of the tables and the margin notes in color are from Goljan. They are usually tidbits that can be found in other RR books (he is the editor or the whole RR series), so it's a nice integration. I wouldn't recommend it as your only Pharm source though, because it just doesn't hit some areas heavy enough and others it devotes way to much to when comparing it to the pharm in FA.

I think First Aid is all you really need for pharm for Step I, but if I think RR is pretty good if you need a deeper look at pharm...though I am biased because it was written by our professor. If it helps any many of the people in our class used the book and our average on the pharm shelf was around the 80th percentile. I used the book to study + FA and got a 96. The questions in the book are excellent and like the previous poster said before, the pictures/graphs are really good. I am of the opinion that the downfall of the RR series is not necessarily the way the text is organized, but the way it is presented. Its kind of all smooshed together and looks messy.