Rashad Review for Written Boards... Anyone familiar with this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anesthesiagirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a CA-2 who is looking for a course to help start preparing for written boards. My department will pay $2000 towards educational conference/course expenses this year. I know that most people go to Jensen's review, but Dr Rashad's course looks like it might be a better fit for me. Does anyone have any experience with Rashad review course (positive or negative) or know anyone who has taken it?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a CA-2 who is looking for a course to help start preparing for written boards. My department will pay $2000 towards educational conference/course expenses this year. I know that most people go to Jensen's review, but Dr Rashad's course looks like it might be a better fit for me. Does anyone have any experience with Rashad review course (positive or negative) or know anyone who has taken it?

I took Rashads course 2008. I think that Rashad has great up to date information. He is very personable. He would hang out with us in the evening following the course. He helped me to develop a method of approaching the questions that served me well during the exam. He points out the principal behind questions.

I did not like the fact that Rashad did not have a course syllabus. I wanted to incorporate it into my study program. I found some of the e-mails to be very helpful. I scaned the emails and printed out the ones that I thought would be helpful.

The course is small and you get to know some of the participants very well.
So far everyone who took the class with me passed.

I enjoyed the close to one-on-one attention. I could ask questions.

Rashad is an old guy. He takes his time but he is very smart.

All the best,

Cambie

He sets up his review course in a way that you just end up reading questions and answers. essentially doing Keywords.

I found it to be very boring and not engaging. Seriously, it's primarily him just up there talking in a soft voice.

I didnt think it was good at all.

He sets up his review course in a way that you just end up reading questions and answers. essentially doing Keywords.

I found it to be very boring and not engaging. Seriously, it's primarily him just up there talking in a soft voice.

I didnt think it was good at all.

I do not think that review courses are that helpful for the written exam. One of my attendings tried to convince me not to take a review course. I passed the exam but I don't know how much the course contributed.

Rashad really focuses on keywords. The keywords are the test. You can focus on keywords on your own. I kept a copy of my kewords from the ITE folded in my copy of M & M. I reviewed the list to make sure that I was familiar with each keyword. The questions changefrom year to year but the principals that are important to the ABA do not change. Michelle Starrs book is old but it is still good because certain principals will always be important.

My program paid for my review course. Looking back I should have tried to have them pay for a lap top computer instead.

Cambie