rates of acceptance after an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poloace

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all- i just got an invite to interview at uvermont. i was wondering if people know the average acceptance after an interview there, or in general after interviewing... i know it varies from school to school- but, haven't heard much about vermont.
thanks-
peter

Members don't see this ad.

during my interview, the assoc dean of admissions said that 30% of the class will be from out-of-state...class of 97, 10 from maine, so 30% of 87 will go to non-residents. i have no idea just how many non-residents they interview, but 13/15 of my interview group, including myself, were out-of-state.

hey dude
here is the info on vermont from usnews for 2000-2001 cycle:

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 4,996 510 257 95
In state: 64 32 25 21
Out of state: 4,932 478 232 74
Women: 2,323 268 145 55
Minorities: 1,481 104 53 22
International: 472 32 18 4

Congratulations! Looks like they accept a large percentage of interviewees. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks bounty-
is that all from the msar?
p

Originally posted by poloace
hey all- i just got an invite to interview at uvermont. i was wondering if people know the average acceptance after an interview there, or in general after interviewing... i know it varies from school to school- but, haven't heard much about vermont.
thanks-
peter

Hey poloace. When was your app complete, if you don't mind my asking. My last LOR was a little late and I'm wondering how long it will be before I hear something. Thanks.

it was complete about the 1st of october... that would be my best guess... good luck.
p

its all from the premium online subscription to USNews rankings.

well, don't hold out on us then..
what's the user name and password ??? i'll send you a few bucks via paypal- :D

haha i would give it if I could. Unfortunately, the subscription rightfully belongs to my ex-boyfriend's dad! hehehe...shhh...

bounty-
where in LA are you???
let me know-
p

poloace congrats on the interview!!! i know you were one of the few "are the schools ever going to interview me" selectees but are now being promoted to the "what outfit to wear for an interview" position and just wanted to wish you good tidings.

best of luck; keep us informed of any future promotions! (e.g. "which school to choose?")

mvervaine- thank you for your kind words. i hope the process treats everyone here well... its nice to report good news for a change ;) -
p