RAW Board Scores and percent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herasasil

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Could you please list your NBDE part 1 raw score(ie 250/400 etc) and your percent score breakdowns. I know a LOT of people are not trying to gauge scores but are trying to get a basic idea of what avgs are and how many one needs to get right to pass.

A lot of resources say that 55 per section could be passing but it is helpful whenever real people can give insight on each of the 4 sections national avgs and scores.

Thanks a lot, hopefully this thread can help a lot of people.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I took my test on Sep. 25th. I got 75.

Anat. Scien. 67 - Nat. mean-63
Biochem 51 - Nat. mean -61.2
Microbiology 53-Nat. mean - 64
Dental Ana. 62 Nat. mean - 73

Hello Everyone,

I took my test on 15th Sept'08 & got my result on 25th Sept'08.

Percentile - 91
Overall Score - 330/400

Raw Scores-
Anat. Scien. 79
Biochem 79
Microbiology 84
Dental Ana. 88

Thanks everyone for all your support at SDN and I would more than willing to answer your queries regarding NBDE Part 1!

~ Pearl

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

I took my test on 15th Sept'08 & got my result on 25th Sept'08.

Percentile - 91
Overall Score - 330/400

Raw Scores-
Anat. Scien. 79
Biochem 79
Microbiology 84
Dental Ana. 88

Thanks everyone for all your support at SDN and I would more than willing to answer your queries regarding NBDE Part 1!

~ Pearl
Hi Pearl82,Congratulations on your great score...!!Could you plz share your study strategy...like how many months you prepared and which books you referred...and the number of times you revised...any special tips/advice...will be greatly appreciated...what do you feel about the exam?Anyway...ALL THE BEST for your admissions if you are a FTD...

Hey smyle32,

Thanks.
I studied decks, kaplan review book and used wikipedia to clear my basic concepts..My main stress was on decks and i revised decks completely 3 times and had also prepared my notes...plus i solved all the released question papers..took me almost 4 months..and in last 2 months there were no weekend breaks..everyday studied for around 6-8 hours..

Hope this helps..Good luck,

~ Pearl

why is it that when one person gets 330/400 its a 91 and when someone else gets 330/400 its an 89.

Did the 91 have a test with "harder questions" ?

Soooo confused, and I thought the DAT scoring system was complicated:confused:

hey everyone don't forget to post your Raw total scores too! It helps to put a percent to a number so that things are a bit more concrete since percentages do not mean you got 80 or 90 right necessarily.

don't forget, different versions of the tests are harder than others. for example, an easier test might be one that has more repeats, which is why it is hard to compare raw scores.