Raw Score Conversions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kl352

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, for those who have taken the DAT or have been practicing full length tests, I wanted to ask about raw score conversions on the DAT. When I looked at the conversions from the practice sample test from the ADA, I want to ask how accurate is this compared to the real thing?

For example, the test says a raw score of 84 out of 90 on the PAT is equivalent to a 24. Is this the case? How many questions can you miss in the reading comprehension and still score a 30? I appreciate the help, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think you can still get 30 if you miss one Q. sometime one question can cost you 3-4 score...

Hi everyone, for those who have taken the DAT or have been practicing full length tests, I wanted to ask about raw score conversions on the DAT. When I looked at the conversions from the practice sample test from the ADA, I want to ask how accurate is this compared to the real thing?

For example, the test says a raw score of 84 out of 90 on the PAT is equivalent to a 24. Is this the case? How many questions can you miss in the reading comprehension and still score a 30? I appreciate the help, thanks!
It's pretty accurate, but it will score you a tiny bit higher. According to the ADA score sheet on the website, I should have received a 20 for TS instead of a 19. Even if I answered the minimum number of questions correctly in each NS section, it shows that I still would have a made a 20.
19 Bio- minimum 32 correct
19 Chem- minimum 24 correct
20 Orgo- minimum 25 correct
Total would be 81/100 and it says that's a 20 and I got a 19. So it's close, but unfortunately it did not work out in my favor

Last edited:
It's pretty accurate, but it will score you a tiny bit higher. According to the ADA score sheet on the website, I should have received a 20 for TS instead of a 19. Even if I answered the minimum number of questions correctly in each NS section, it shows that I still would have a made a 20.
19 Bio- minimum 32 correct
19 Chem- minimum 24 correct
20 Orgo- minimum 25 correct
Total would be 81/100 and it says that's a 20 and I got a 19. So close, but unfortunately it did not work out in my favor

You are in dental school now :), DAT is just a stupidity detector, as long as you do reasonably well, above 18, you are considered intelligent and capable on the testing fronts by schools. Some schools will also take 17 if you excel in other areas.

also on the ADA raw score thing, is it possible to get all the questions correct on the science section and still not get a 30? does this happen on the real thing?