raw score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon0013

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering how many questions you can miss in each section to get a 10 on each section? i heard you have to get 45/60 for verbal, what about the other two?

Members don't see this ad.

every test has different raw-to-scaled score conversions, so there's no way of telling how many questions you need to get right on the test to get a 10.

jon0013 said:
i was just wondering how many questions you can miss in each section to get a 10 on each section? i heard you have to get 45/60 for verbal, what about the other two?

I don't know, it seemed like you had to get a lot more right than 15 to get a 10 on practice tests.

the practice tests are not real tests, but rather compilations of questions from various old tests. therefore im not sure if the raw score conversion table will be similar.

Members don't see this ad :)
Medikit said:
I don't know, it seemed like you had to get a lot more right than 15 to get a 10 on practice tests.

I think the OP said that you had to get 45 right out of 60 to get a scaled "10". Anyways, it varies from test to test, but usually near the same range +- a few questions.

It definitely varies from test to test but generally speaking I think if you get 45-50 right in verbal, 45 right in physical science and 55-60 right in biological to get 10's across the board. I have taken a lot of practice test through kaplan and that fits the pattern roughly.

gls5377 said:
It definitely varies from test to test but generally speaking I think if you get 45-50 right in verbal, 45 right in physical science and 55-60 right in biological to get 10's across the board. I have taken a lot of practice test through kaplan and that fits the pattern roughly.

out of?????

actually the real aamc score conversions for PS are more like 57-60 out of 77 for a 10. kaplan practice exams are really off the mark for score accuracy. i remember that you can actually get like a 10 for getting only 43 right or something really ridiculous.