RC passage length comparison REAL DAT VS TOP SCORE VS ACHIEVER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhsim0223

Anteather!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I stated above, I want to compare the legnth of RC passages in Real DAT VS TOPSCORE VS ACHIEVER

Is the real DAT RC passage longer than topscore?

(I know THYPES of questions are not same..so I want to compare the length...)

RC is demoralizing me.....:(

Members don't see this ad.

I would say about the same. I don't know if it was just me, but I think the DAT had 1-2 paragraphs less than TopScore.

But honestly, I had no trouble on RC section in TopScore...On the Real DAT, however, I got one passage (The Piano) that pretty much killed my score. So yeah, try to be critical about what you read. If not, you will struggle on the real thing. Read the newspaper or something to prepare (advice people have given me).

There is no comparison. Some DAT versions will have RC passages that are "easier" than topscore/archiver.... some will be "harder"

The reason why I put the quotes around "easier" / "harder" because again, these are subjective to the person who took THAT version of the DAT. A person who has a strong background in biology/physiology/biochemistry and such is going to find any article that is related to those subjects "easy" compared to someone who only took the basic 100-level biology courses.

Thank you for your reply dentalWorks.......you are true......but I still want to compare the LENGTH (not the difficulty level....) If real DAT RC is longer than topscrore, I should read faster....is there any idea about the length of REAL DAT vs Topscore?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply dentalWorks.......you are true......but I still want to compare the LENGTH (not the difficulty level....) If real DAT RC is longer than topscrore, I should read faster....is there any idea about the length of REAL DAT vs Topscore?

I think it will depend on the version of the test. You will just have to wait and see.

Your ability of reading & comprehending is static (It will not changed in a matter of few months of DAT preparation)

If you mess with your Reading/comprehension ration, your going to either read faster and understand ALOT LESS, or read slower (understand more) but never finish the article.

Don't mess with your reading&comprehension ration regardless of how long the article is. Your playing with fire here, if you start forcing your self to read at a faster level than you normally do then you could put your self in a position where you didn't understand the article, and that will give you a problem answering even the most basic questions.