RCSI-Medical University of Bahrain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I just got my offer from RCSI Bahrain and well it sounds really great. I'd like a current student there to let me know how it is and answer a few questions that I have:

1) Is it worth the expense? Do you find it to be a good program to be invested in?

2) What is Bahrain like? what are the living costs? How much would I expect to spend per month?

3) Accomodation? The interviewer who talked to me said that they have some appartment blocks reallllly close by to the university. What's your feedback?

4) How grueling is the workload? I know its heavy but do you have free time etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Shells,
I have interacted with a few medical students in RCSI-MUB. Apparently, there is a a big Indian population in Bahrain and many of them speak English, Hindi, Urdu and other such languages. Also, if you do have a problem with Arabic, some fellow students offer to translate for you OR there is a number of nurses that can help translate (the university has provided a list with names and phone numbers of nurses available on each ward) Alongside this, the physical exam and other such things are not affected..its only the history part which you can patch through.
Goodluck

Hi everyone! As per university announcement, the NUI has been granted. Many students were fooled in thinking that coming to RCSI-MUB has an Irish degree. This WAS NOT the case. Many students fought to receive recognition to receive the NUI (Which gives you the status of an Irish degree). Well, it appears that we have received it, although no formal announcements have been made in NUI. So, do your research when you come here. ASK THE QUESTIONS!!!! Ask to see an official document stating that will be getting an Irish qualifications. This is YOUR LIFE and Career! Don't be afraid in asking them.

Also, I would like to point out that the people in MUB will tell you that all patients speak English. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. So, if you are not fluent in Arabic, then good luck. Currently, the students are pushing for Interpreter service to get the best out of their learning experience. Again, I urge you guys to ask!! The school will tell you that they will pair you up with an Arabic student. This however, DOES NOT WORK. So, in your interviews or if you have already done them, ask the administration about how you will interact with the patients.
Hi Shells,
I have interacted with a few medical students in RCSI-MUB. Apparently, there is a a big Indian population in Bahrain and many of them speak English, Hindi, Urdu and other such languages. Also, if you do have a problem with Arabic, some fellow students offer to translate for you OR there is a number of nurses that can help translate (the university has provided a list with names and phone numbers of nurses available on each ward) Alongside this, the physical exam and other such things are not affected..its only the history part which you can patch through.

Also, about the degree...it has been confirmed that students receive an NUI...the complete degree if MB BCh BAO NUI LRCSI LRCPI (the last two being licentiates). It will be an Irish degree.
Goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
no worries, glad i could be of help.
relax and all the very best. remember, 1 out of 5-6 applicants are granted an interview, and 1 out 2-3 are given acceptance. if u've been granted an interview, you've already made the initial cut.
Hi SChandan,

Where did you get these figures from?
Thanks

I completed my interview a couple of weeks ago still waiting on news from them..
How did it go for you??? How long did they say to wait?
I did my interview on the 13th and am anxiously waiting for a response.

Does anyone know if there are any scholarships available for Canadian students studying in Bahrain?