Re-applicant seeking advice!Any input will be appriciated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noblegas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What did you do since you last applied besides just more work?
New LOR's would be nice and recommended although not required.
I honestly feel like you don't need a retake with that GPA and a 20AA. You got interviews so it means your stats obviously were good enough for them.

You need to work on your interview skills. Your stats are fine. You were good enough on paper to be invited for several interviews.

Do NOT use the same letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you do since you last applied besides just more work?
New LOR's would be nice and recommended although not required.
I honestly feel like you don't need a retake with that GPA and a 20AA. You got interviews so it means your stats obviously were good enough for them.

When I applied last time, it was the summer before my senior year. During this past year, I just finished those requirement courses for graduation and more science classes, such as neurobiology, cell biology, and evolution. I got two B's, that's why my GPA dropped a little bit. I am kind of concerned about my lowered GPA compares to last cycle and insecure about it, so I registered to retake DAT. It sucks...
I will definitely work on my interview skills, hoping I can do better this time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You need to work on your interview skills. Your stats are fine. You were good enough on paper to be invited for several interviews.

Do NOT use the same letters.

I have four LORs: two science LORs, one dentist's, and one calculus professor's from last cycle. I think I am going to ask a LOR from my employer to replace the calculus professor's LOR. Do you think one new LOR is enough?

I have four LORs: two science LORs, one dentist's, and one calculus professor's from last cycle. I think I am going to ask a LOR from my employer to replace the calculus professor's LOR. Do you think one new LOR is enough?

Personally, I don't think replacing one letter is going to cut it.

I got 3 new ones and one old one updated it for a total of 4 fresh ones.

I am a re-applicant and i got 3 new LORs as well. If you are applying to schools that you didn't apply to last cycle, I'm not sure if they will see your old LORs. Also I would spend time working on interviewing skills since you did get interview invites from 4 schools but got waitlisted at all of them. I feel like I have to do that as well for this cycle. for my personal statement, I did take some things from my old one and worked around that but also added in some new things. So i guess you could talk about how your experience was shadowing and volunteering this past year. I would also suggest talking about not getting into any dental schools this last cycle (even though you technically haven't been rejected from any of the schools yet). I was talking to a dental school advisor and she told me that something she likes to read about in a re-applicant's personal statement is how they felt when they realized that they won't be getting into dental school, so basically what your emotions were.