Re-applicant/waitlist question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keshavg125

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am currently re-applying for the upcoming cycle, but I am still on the waitlist (there has been no movement so far but we're expecting some movement within the next week or two) for a school from the previous application cycle. If I submit my primary application for the upcoming cycle will it have any effect on previous application or alter my waitlist in any way?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am in a similar situation and would like to add a question that I think could benefit us both if answered. Would it benefit us to submit our initial primary with only one school on our list initially? That would be a much lower initial cost saving us hundreds if we happened to be picked up off the waitlist in the interim between June 2nd to June 27th. Would there be any delay or negative reason to list only one school on the primary until say the day before, June 26th, the transmission of data to the individul institutions?

Hey everyone,

I am currently re-applying for the upcoming cycle, but I am still on the waitlist (there has been no movement so far but we're expecting some movement within the next week or two) for a school from the previous application cycle. If I submit my primary application for the upcoming cycle will it have any effect on previous application or alter my waitlist in any way?

Thanks!

It will have no effect. I would submit early and approach this application cycle as if you will be rejected from the waitlist. That is how I approached my reapplication process last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in a similar situation and would like to add a question that I think could benefit us both if answered. Would it benefit us to submit our initial primary with only one school on our list initially? That would be a much lower initial cost saving us hundreds if we happened to be picked up off the waitlist in the interim between June 2nd to June 27th. Would there be any delay or negative reason to list only one school on the primary until say the day before, June 26th, the transmission of data to the individul institutions?
Yes! No delay for schools added by July.

Hey everyone,

Thanks!
We sometimes see the re-application of someone on the waitlist.
Someone who re-submitted with no changes at all could potentially be viewed less warmly (for both cycles!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Yes! No delay for schools added by July.

Just to confirm - I can submit my primary application with only one school (to save money) and then add more schools before June 26th without any delay in my primary application verification. Also, will there be any delay in secondary applications for those schools that were added later?

Thanks!

Just to confirm - I can submit my primary application with only one school (to save money) and then add more schools before June 26th without any delay in my primary application verification. Also, will there be any delay in secondary applications for those schools that were added later?

Thanks!
AMCAS doesn't even start sending completed primaries to us until July!
As long the verification process has been completed (at a single school) additional schools will be added within a business day.

As long the verification process has been completed (at a single school) additional schools will be added within a business day.

Thank you for replying so promptly and possibly saving either myself or the other user hundreds of dollars.

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you for replying so promptly and possibly saving either myself or the other user hundreds of dollars.

Yes, thank you so much for the information!