Re-applying to DO schools after a short amount of time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO23245

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to DO schools during the 2015 application cycle pretty late in the game (December) and had an interview in February. I loved the school but was unfortunately not accepted. In terms of re-applying, is it okay to now submit my new application only months later? I have made great strides in setting up patient care experience for the next year, I have been hired as a full time medical scribe in an ER, and will be volunteering regularly for the next year doing health screenings for children in underserved areas. So my question is will the admissions committee accept these improvements even though I will have only been doing these things for a short amount of time? I do plan on sticking with these activities for the next year until medical school would begin in 2016.

Also, do I change up my personal statement? My application feedback said that my PS and LOR's were adequate so I was unsure if that means I can just leave them as-is.

Members don't see this ad.

You should either re-write or update your personal statement. You got an interview, but was rejected. Do you know the reason? How did you do on the interview? How many schools did you apply last cycle? People here can recommend you which schools to apply to, but without your stats we won't be able to.

P.s. from your other thread, you don't have a DO LOR right? You should get that done ASAP. Another advice, if one of the girls in your avatar is you, take the photo down. This is for your privacy.