re-do MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acromonkey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the MCAT previously (even up to two years ago) and then decide to take it again and are consistently doing worse then you did originally?

I took the test 2 years ago, decided to wait to take it again (doing a Master's and research)...have been studying for several months (much more studying that I did the first time around) and I am consistently scoring lower on the practice tests than I scored on the first test?

Any advice here on what to do? I am at a complete loss.

Members don't see this ad.

Stop posting vague descriptions of your situation on every board, for starters.

Then, think about what you've been studying, and if it has been effective (it has not been), not just more hours. You should approach the test more as an extended brain teaser or logic game, not a straight up science test; much like how the ant defeated the elephant.

Has anyone taken the MCAT previously (even up to two years ago) and then decide to take it again and are consistently doing worse then you did originally?

I wouldnt recommend retaking if you're doing worse. If you're serious about bringing it up, and have been studying, you havent been studying effectively. Use SN2ed's plan or maybe take a prep class if you need it, but obviously however you're studying right now isnt working. Good luck!:)