Re-doing practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SensesFail

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I re-wrote a a TPR practice test last Saturday that I had previously written in the summer while studying for last August's MCAT. I'm re-writing this August so I just wanted to see where I stand. Anyway, I happened to find the bubble sheet from the first time I had written it and saw that I had gotten a hideous 24 (8PS, 6VR, 10BS). So I retook, graded it and used the scale conversion chart in TPR's "Practice Tests A-D" Book, and low-and-behold... I got a 31 (9PS, 10VR, 12BS)! But do you think this isn't really a "true" measure of my ability considering I re-took a test I had already done? I'll admit that a few passages certainly seemed familiar, but individual questions and/or answers weren't. I mean, c'mon, I re-took it after like 8 months. What's kind of odd though, is the fact that the previously taken test I took before this most recent re-take was the actual August '04 and I did rather poorly, 25 (8PS, 6 VR, 11 BS). Ideally, I will try and purchase/get/mooch as much practice tests as possible that I DID NOT take last summer in preparation for this August. In any case, just wondering what everyone's take is on re-taking practice tests and how to interpret your score afterwards if you do re-take 'em...

Members don't see this ad.

i did that when i was studying... there's nothing wrong with doing it, but i wouldn't put too much stock in your score. since it went up (which it should), that's good. but it isn't the same as taking a new test, so you shouldn't equate it with that... but that said, there's nothing wrong with it.