Re-fashioning ACG abstracts for DDW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rd31

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my mentor wants me to re-submit abstracts to DDW that I had already presented to ACG. I don't really have sufficient new data to re-do my analyses yet, and my statistician is off until early next year. I'm basically going to re-write my abstracts with a slightly different slant, although the data is the same.

Could this potentially get me into trouble, or do a lot of people do this? I'm worried that the DDW reviewers might compare to ACG abstracts and note that I'm milking my projects. I have changed the writing around sufficiently so it won't look like self-plaigarism at least. If my abstracts get accepted, my posters will definitely have updated, new data to present.

Members don't see this ad.

No one really cares. The vast majority of abstracts are just accepted if from a reasonable institution and thrown in the poster hall. What's the point though of another poster presentation? Are you a med student or resident trying to get into fellowship?

No one cares. What's the point though of another poster presentation? Are you a med student or resident trying to get into fellowship?

I'm a resident who just applied to fellowship this cycle. I don't really want to present another poster, but my mentor wants me to (she seems to think I might get an oral). I'm just doing what she says :dead:

I'm a resident who just applied to fellowship this cycle. I don't really want to present another poster, but my mentor wants me to (she seems to think I might get an oral). I'm just doing what she says :dead:

Meh just do what your mentor wants you to do.