RE: Have 2 questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldamnedstudent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all. I love this website. Have 2 questions.

One - Is there a book somewhere or a website where there is a master list of the practicing dentists in a particular state and what dental school they attended?
I am just curious to know how many practicing dentists in California actually went to a california dental school or are from other states...
The schools can't tell me and it would really help me decide whether I should stay in the state I want to practice (california) or go back east to study.
It's hard to decide because some have told me to stay in the west (USC) cuz it will be easier to pass the cal boards, while others have said that you won't really have that much trouble passing the cal boards from an east coast school (UPENN) and then when you come back out west, nobody ever asks you anyway which school you went to... so east and west wouldn't matter anyway.

Question # 2 -The only 2 problems about coming back out west after graduating from an east coast school I am told, is that 1)you may have to take your boards in San Francisco or somewhere not as convenient and fly out assistants... and 2)finding patients to bring out to Cali.....however, I just heard that in 2005, the boards are going manequinn...is this true? Cuz that would make a world of difference for others with my same dilemma of east vs. west.

Any imput if GREATLY appreciated... sorry that I am having so much trouble deciding where to go... this is like the biggest decision I have ever had to make, and with all my friends on the west coast... I just can't decide whether I could be creating a huge headache when I graduate on the east coast.

Happy Spring Break everyone.... drink one for me. Make that two..

--DDS

Members don't see this ad.