1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

? re: hotels for UDetroit Mercy

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gradM.S., Nov 30, 2002.

1. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

So I have another interview coming up at the University of Detroit Mercy. For those of you who have already been there where did you stay. None of the hotels seem to be close to the university. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Brand

Brand Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I feel for you man. The university is in a terrible location. There is nothing close. Drive if you can because the hotel will be at least 15 minutes away. It really has to be the worst university for location compared to any other dental school. The one HUGE positive factor about it is the clinic. You get a ton of experience! I volunteered their for about two weeks and the place was packed daily. During your third and fourth year that is basically all you do is see patients. I know some graduates from the U of Mich and they all told me if they could do it over they would have gone to U of Detroit. They were also all local and familiar with places to live in the suburbs. I live about an hour away, so I am in this boat as well.

3. mitwa

mitwa Member
    7+ Year Member

hey brand,

sorry i tried pming you but i don't think i know how to do it right. anyways, i was wondering when you interviewed/applied to mercy and what were your stats? mercy is my first choice but i haven't heard from them yet. thanks

4. Brand

Brand Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed Oct. 21. I actually got a call from the admissions directer last Wednesday. She just wanted to know if there were any last minute things I wanted to tell the admissions committee. She also said that I would have a letter on Nov 30th. Sure enough I got the letter.

My stats are GPA ~3.1. DAT 21/21. One thing they require is that you have at least a 17 in each category. If you get a 16 in any section you have to retake the test. I got lucky, my lowest category(G-Chem) was a 20.

My application went out in the 3rd mailing. Applied June 26.

5. mitwa

mitwa Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks so much....wow they take a while with the admissions process. i guess i should relax for a lil while. my lowest was an 18 and everything else 20 or 21. so im clear for that too. wheew