Re-Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orange12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at NJMS in the middle of November and I just received a call from them saying that I am invited back for a 2nd interview. Naturally I was baffled by this news considering I had no idea NJMS conducted 2nd interviews. When I asked what it was about, they told me it is fairly common and that sometimes the adcom just wants a 2nd opinion before making a final decision. Has anyone else been through this and if so what was it like? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I've read other applicants post threads like this before, but I don't remember what schools they were posted about. But it does happen sometimes if that's any consolation. My opinion is that it's better to get another chance to sell yourself than an outright rejection or waitlist. Good luck!

I have heard of Drexel doing this as well...

Members don't see this ad :)
It is better than a waitlist or rejection. But that's got to be really annoying. I hope they pay for your flight/hotel/taxi/whatever because most pre-meds don't have money like that!

yea Lshapely I think you've said it best. I'd rather do it again then get rejected, it's just a little bit of a hassle that's all. Thanks for your input and wishing me luck :) Thank you too Phoenix for letting me know that this happens at other schools too. That's a rather reassuring fact.

Yeah, that happened to me, too -- like four years ago now. I kind of liked the place, but I wondered if the inefficiency of the interview day was an indication of how the medical school as a whole is run.

Anka

Yea I was thinking along those lines as well. It really makes me wonder what it is they are looking for during the interview. Either it is in indication of a flaw in their interview evaluations or an indication of their determination to make sure they get the decision right before they make the mistake of either rejecting or matriculating an applicant. I'd like to think that the latter is the right way to look at it.