1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Re: NYCOM Interviews/Secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Tej, Aug 22, 1999.

1. Tej

Tej Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about NYCOM interviews and secondaries? I know that they give you the secondaries on the day of the interview. But, I was wondering if anyone knew what the questions are?

Thank you.

Tej

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The NYCOM secondary follows the same format as most other secondaries. You'll need to list your activities, jobs, etc. which you held through college. In addition to all that you'll be asked to write an essay on why you want to attend NYCOM for medical school.

The interview is fairly standard. You're usually paired with a clinical faculty member and a basic science faculty member. Some will drill you on different aspects of osteopathic medicine and will ask you to explain your motivation for studying to become a DO as opposed to an MD. Others will tend to make the interview more conversational.

Good luck. Do you have one coming up?

Tim of New York City.

4. Tej

Tej Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm hoping I do get an interview for NYCOM, so I'm trying to get ready for it. Have they started sending out interview requests?

5. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I believe the earliest NYCOM begins interviewing is in mid to late November, but I could be wrong. Perhaps they begin interviewing as early as October, but I remember I was given an interview in late November and told that I was among the first to be interviewed.

Tim of New York City.