This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If the government would cap tuition we would be fine, or at least just stop throwing unlimited money at students for every degree under the sun thus allowing colleges to inflate prices to whatever they want to name it at.

This is why personal finance classes should be required for all high school students and then again in college. It blows my mind how many incredibly brilliant people are complete dumba$$es when it comes to finances...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is why personal finance classes should be required for all high school students and then again in college. It blows my mind how many incredibly brilliant people are complete dumba$$es when it comes to finances...
Nah everybody has to learn the 12th century history of some country that doesn’t exsist anymore. No practicality for you.

Lol

We have to be ugh “well rounded” or at least that’s what colleges tell us so we don’t question them when they require lamebutter courses to graduate.

Read that as “charge more tuition and give people with pointless PhDs jobs”

Reactions: 1 user
Understood, and I am sorry this happened to you. But this is the correction that Goro and others say we need. These faculty championing these opiate lectures will get what they have sewn. Just don't complain when no one will give you percocet anymore just because you hurt, cause thats what you asked for.

That is unfortunately my point. Although we are still seeing the effects from already addicted, over prescribed patients, I think there has been an over correction.

Members don't see this ad :)
If the government would cap tuition we would be fine, or at least just stop throwing unlimited money at students for every degree under the sun thus allowing colleges to inflate prices to whatever they want to name it at.

It's a guaranteed 6% a year on billions upon billions of dollars. There's no way this will stop under the DeVos family.

It’s uncommon that we ever properly balance the scales. 6 years ago we were dishing out percs like they were skittles and we would be frowned upon not to!!! Pain as the fifth vital. HCAPS. Etc. now we have a noose around our neck by the time we get to the o in lortab on the rx pad.

There shall be no balance just overly emotional swings of the pendelum since you know, we are human and by Gawd it’s not a good emotional spill to do things the right way!!!!
Let the finger pointing begin.

Honestly..

This thread is super lame and makes OP look like a crybaby.

You knew what the game was when you chose to play and to apply to DO programs bro.

The overall message ALWAYS has been that if you want to have an easier time and less hurdles to enter competitive things, then you should go MD.

Other than that, DOs always pushed primary care for the most part.

If u didn't like it... and are bitching about it...

why did you even take the seat from others who knew what the game was?

And no.

You will NOT be stuck in debt forever.

FM jobs are attainable for 200-250K salaries with 40-hour workweeks.

You're telling me you can't pay off your debt with that much?

That's not the school's fault.

It's because you will probably have really ****ty spending habits.

You will not be balling out of residency.

You may not get the doctor mansion and the Porsche... but you will live an amazing life not attainable by 90% of the normal population.

Get over yourself and get some perspective man.

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly..

This thread is super lame and makes OP look like a crybaby.

You knew what the game was when you chose to play and to apply to DO programs bro.

The overall message ALWAYS has been that if you want to have an easier time and less hurdles to enter competitive things, then you should go MD.

Other than that, DOs always pushed primary care for the most part.

If u didn't like it... and are bitching about it...

why did you even take the seat from others who knew what the game was?

And no.

You will NOT be stuck in debt forever.

FM jobs are attainable for 200-250K salaries with 40-hour workweeks.

You're telling me you can't pay off your debt with that much?

That's not the school's fault.

It's because you will probably have really ****ty spending habits.

You will not be balling out of residency.

You may not get the doctor mansion and the Porsche... but you will live an amazing life not attainable by 90% of the normal population.

Get over yourself and get some perspective man.

Lol. Lay off the adderall bro.

I refuse to donate a dime to my alma mater unless it is used for tuition relief for students. Every fundraising flyer goes directly in the trash unless they're asking for money for something like this

Reactions: 10 users

Lol

You're gonna be a doctor?

Act like it.

Grow a pair and stop being a babyback biatch.

He is adderall. The best quality too. Where do you think they get it from? They chip it off the queen brah

I'm a MD resident pgy2. I don't understand why DOs make a big deal of trying to compare themselves to MDs. It's basically the same thing. Residencies are now combined. No one cares nowadays.

Last edited:
I'm a MD resident pgy2. I don't understand why DOs make a big deal trying of trying compare themselves to MDs. It's basically the same thing. Residencies are now combined. No one cares nowadays.

We aren’t we just salty bc we want thatfree tuition lol

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand why DOs make a big deal of trying to compare themselves to MDs. It's basically the same thing. Residencies are now combined. No one cares nowadays.

Totally wrong. There is simply no equality between the two for residency, and it isn't nice to post this misinformation here for ignorant pre-meds who can't go to MD school to read and believe. Posts like these are why DO students are so delusional until 4th year when reality starts to sink in.

Totally wrong. There is simply no equality between the two for residency, and it isn't nice to post this misinformation here for ignorant pre-meds who can't go to MD school to read and believe. Posts like these are why DO students are so delusional until 4th year when reality starts to sink in.
What twospadz is saying is that once you're residents working together, no one cares.

Sorry, I was referencing post surgical patients who are pretty much across the board given opioids while in the hospital, but after a certain time after surgery pain control is no longer managed by the surgeon. Apologies if it came across differently. I do feel that it would be gross mismanagement for patients undergoing, say, multilevel spinal fusions to not be prescribed opioids, especially if the reason is because the physician is afraid of contributing to the opioid crisis.
Anesthesiologists are using non-opioid plans for these patients at an increasing rate, even for the bigger whacks.

Anesthesiologists are using non-opioid plans for these patients at an increasing rate, even for the bigger whacks.

In the immediate(0-2 day) post operative period? Most pain management in this scenario, at least in my limited experience, is done by the surgeon.

In the immediate(0-2 day) post operative period? Most pain management in this scenario, at least in my limited experience, is done by the surgeon.
I saw a few agreements with surgeons to stay the course for specific patients while working. It's certainly not common, but the explanation I got was that it's out there and not just happening between these two docs.

What twospadz is saying is that once you're residents working together, no one cares.

Any DO resident applying for competitive fellowships against their MD colleagues will quickly discover how erroneous the concept of "equality" with their US MD peers actually is

Any DO resident applying for competitive fellowships against their MD colleagues will quickly discover how erroneous the concept of "equality" with their US MD peers actually is
You missed the point; I'm not talking about competitive venues, just the mindset of colleagues in the same profession.