re-submit new MCAT scores only indicate 1 school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caffeine Matters

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone verify?

Taking MCAT May 8th 2014, results June 10th.
I plan to submit my application on June 10th.

Lets say I choose 15 schools, with 1 of those schools I indicate "plan to retake the MCAT in late June/July".

If I do not like my May 8th MCAT score, then I will take it again in June/July.
If I like my new June/July score, can I then re-submit my new MCAT scores to all 15 schools even though I only indicated 1 school? How does this work? Do schools send me a secondary in August (or something) and that gives me the chance to re-submit my new MCAT scores?

Some people have suggested that I submit my application on June 4th, and then send in my MCATs afterward. However, I am concerned that my average/low GPA might cause my application to be thrown out. That is why I wanted to apply on June 10th, because hopefully my combined MCAT/GPA will give me a better chance.

Members don't see this ad.

You do know that you are required to submit all scores, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Plus, since when can you pick and choose which schools see your planned retake? Last I checked, you have one app (standardized AACOMAS) that is sent to every school you apply to. That's the whole point of standardized primary apps like AACOMAS and AMCAS.

You do know that you are required to submit all scores, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And not only that. Sitting on a score because you don't like it and waiting another is deceptive enough for me to think that's good reason not to take your candidacy to the next level.