1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Re-Verification Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Biostats.moore, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Biostats.moore

7+ Year Member

Should I submit my AMCAS to get reverified? I just noticed that one course number is off. Does this mean I'll have to get back in line and wait a long time again?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    DId you get rejected from the verification process? If you submitted your amcas already and your transcripts and JUST noticed the error now, im sure it will be corrected. Its a small mistake and Im sure it will be corrected

4. Biostats.moore

7+ Year Member

I just got verified today...but was looking through it now and noticed the error.

5. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yea i wouldnt resubmit it if i were you, if amcas didnt do anything drastic, then i wouldnt either, i think med schools leave it all up to amcas to do all the transcript stuff while adcoms just look at grades and names of courses. You should be perfectly fine. If yuou feel the need to, then send a note with your secondaries about the mistake.

6. leahmaria

leahmaria Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i don't think its possible to re-submit...if you're verified, it's already going to schools...and i doubt it will matter with course number---besides, nearly none of the schools will end up with a copy of your transcript anyways.

7. Biostats.moore

7+ Year Member

I think this would count as the "academic change request". So would that take a while? I guess I'll leave it as it is

8. WildTumor

WildTumor Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Just leave it - 'tis not a big deal at all.

9. TSK

TSK Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was verified on 7/20, submitted an academic change request on 7/21, and the update was made on 7/27 and I asked them to reclassify 5 courses!

While your request is pending, your status is still "processed" and you will continue to receive secondaries from schools. When and if your academic request is approved, AMCAS will simply notify your schools of this update and resend them your app.