Re-Verification Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biostats.moore

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I submit my AMCAS to get reverified? I just noticed that one course number is off. Does this mean I'll have to get back in line and wait a long time again?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

DId you get rejected from the verification process? If you submitted your amcas already and your transcripts and JUST noticed the error now, im sure it will be corrected. Its a small mistake and Im sure it will be corrected

I just got verified today...but was looking through it now and noticed the error.

Members don't see this ad :)
Biostats.moore said:
I just got verified today...but was looking through it now and noticed the error.
yea i wouldnt resubmit it if i were you, if amcas didnt do anything drastic, then i wouldnt either, i think med schools leave it all up to amcas to do all the transcript stuff while adcoms just look at grades and names of courses. You should be perfectly fine. If yuou feel the need to, then send a note with your secondaries about the mistake.

i don't think its possible to re-submit...if you're verified, it's already going to schools...and i doubt it will matter with course number---besides, nearly none of the schools will end up with a copy of your transcript anyways.

I think this would count as the "academic change request". So would that take a while? I guess I'll leave it as it is

Just leave it - 'tis not a big deal at all.

I was verified on 7/20, submitted an academic change request on 7/21, and the update was made on 7/27 and I asked them to reclassify 5 courses!

While your request is pending, your status is still "processed" and you will continue to receive secondaries from schools. When and if your academic request is approved, AMCAS will simply notify your schools of this update and resend them your app.

Biostats.moore said:
I think this would count as the "academic change request". So would that take a while? I guess I'll leave it as it is