Reach schools? 37S, c3.60, s3.65

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanityonleave

Adrenaline Junkie
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm editing now to keep from being "identifiable," but you guys basically told me what I needed to know. Thanks again!

-sol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
your stats are pretty strong.

it is getting to that point in the cycle where you better get everything in fast or wait till the next cycle. if you decide not to apply this cycle (which is probably what id recommend considering you probably havent asked for LOR's) you could use a year to improve your EC's. maybe try and land a clinical research job? that would definately round out your application.

as of now, your lack of research may hinder you at the reach schools. i think a year of clinical research would really give your application that extra ump.

good luck!

I don't think your stats will drag you down as much as your lack of substantive research for the "Top Twenty" in selectivity. It's true that a small minority get accepted to those schools due to phenomenal leadership or dedicated, stand-out humnanistic activity, so you'd have to judge if you think you have that. There are plenty of schools below the most selective that will give you consideration, and possibly even scholarship money to attend there. It will be a lot of work, money, and time off school attending interviews to take a shot at those other schools, and in the end only you, not your family, can decide if it's worth the effort.

You could also wait a year to apply and gain that additional research background if a name-brand school is really important enough.

i don't think your stats will drag you down as much as your lack of substantive research for the "top twenty" in selectivity. It's true that a small minority get accepted to those schools due to phenomenal leadership or dedicated, stand-out humnanistic activity, so you'd have to judge if you think you have that. There are plenty of schools below the most selective that will give you consideration, and possibly even scholarship money to attend there. It will be a lot of work, money, and time off school attending interviews to take a shot at those other schools, and in the end only you, not your family, can decide if it's worth the effort.

You could also wait a year to apply and gain that additional research background if a name-brand school is really important enough.

+1