READ: SDN CONVENTION or OFFICIAL membership

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dknykid1980

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
mistk

Members don't see this ad.

good idea but where is the money$$$$$. don't expect us to cough it up. We should see if AMCAS would for f****ing us all so hard

Your reasoning is OK, but let me be the first to say, if one of your life experiences is "SDN regular", you lead a pretty lame life. Moreover, while many SDN'ers truly enjoy another opportunity to help those in need, most regulars are regulars for more egocentric reasons... "will they discuss the NYMC waitlist?"...or, "verbal problems discussed at all?"...at least these are the sorts of things I seek at SDN. Until SDN becomes a community devoted to GIVING to the less fortunate AND discussing current pre-med issues, then I think your case stands no chance. Sure, the ideal of community is important for future doctors, but it certainly has no place in the AMCAS world. Seriously, though, it's a great idea.

-sham this

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude...the AAMC? I don't want to join ANY organization like that. The slipshod with AMCAS is unbelievable.

If you do want to make SDN "official" like AMCAS, submit membership dues directly to me. Go ahead and submit them multiple times to ensure that they are received ;) (like AMCAS 2002).

Originally posted by dknykid1980
It would look great on a CV and I think it builds leadership skills etc.

Sounds like the typical premed "resume builder".... j/k :)

I think it would be fun to meet, maybe it doesn't have to be so offiicial? Plane fares cost $ too.