read this and tell me...thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awuah29

Christian predent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok guys,
have attached a short reading passage from an old DAT test. Now, I would like to know how you guys approach this kind of convoluted passage.
How would a slow reader like me approach this kind of passage ? I know the whole passage is about the classification of leukocyte , so I would write this down as the topic of the paragraph. However, there are so many details in this passage. So, whats the best approach here. Writng every details down is the killer :scared:

***Copyrighted material removed ****

Members don't see this ad.

i would do this...

pretend its paragraph #6 so on my sheet of paper i would write

3 types granulocytes defined
1)neutrophil
2)esiniphil
3)basophil

so now when i read a question and it asked me about any of those keywords i know where exactly to look

i would do this...

pretend its paragraph #6 so on my sheet of paper i would write

3 types granulocytes defined
1)neutrophil
2)esiniphil
3)basophil

so now when i read a question and it asked me about any of those keywords i know where exactly to look

ok, so write down scientific words as barron's dat suggest.the only thing is to know which terms are important or not!

How many mins are you going to spend on the skimming/writing step for each passage?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the outlining steps as presented by Kaplan were way too cumbersome. I tried and always ran out of time on the practice tests. The last passage was always left to guessing.

Read the questions first and look for the answers. That was way more efficient. I finished QR with a few minutes to spare on the real thing.

heres my reccomendation and unfortunately you will probably hear the same from everyone but the more you practice the reading, the better it will get. Im living proof of that i never did great in reading comp. and i managed to do well enough on the DAT in this section. What i did was i skimmed the passage for 3-4 minutes and then i went to tackle the problems. In that process i skipped the ones i didnt know and moved on trying not to waste time. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.