Read this letter I got from George Washington

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by oldman, Apr 4, 2002.

  1. oldman

    oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2002
    Messages:
    4,657
    Likes Received:
    40
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    The beginning of the letter had the standard med school stuff...Here's the part I found very interesting:

    "Consequently, your file is being held in a sizable group of applicants that might be considered for review if more interviews are deemed necessary. We have not re-opened interviews in the past. However, your file remains active and would be reviewed if interview spaces become available. Please understand it could be quite a while before you hear from us."
     
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. oldman

    oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2002
    Messages:
    4,657
    Likes Received:
    40
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    I thought this was a rejection until I got to this part of the letter.
     
  4. daisygirl

    daisygirl woof

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2001
    Messages:
    1,528
    Likes Received:
    3
    The waiting never ends in the medical school admissions world :mad: . This is a semi-rejection letter...how nice of them to inform you of your impending (well most likely) rejection :rolleyes: .
     
  5. UMgrad

    UMgrad Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2002
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    0
    It basically is a rejection. I hate that talk. They just can't tell you something straight.
     
  6. oldman

    oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2002
    Messages:
    4,657
    Likes Received:
    40
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    the admissions office there was rude to me anyway. i should expect it in their letter.

    either reject me or interview me. don't be wishywashy. :) that' my job!
     
  7. sternrower

    sternrower Junior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2002
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think that they are just being curteous. I still have schools that I haven't heard a peep from yet. It would be nice to know if my apps are still active, rather than not knowing at all. Give the school some slack.
     
  8. Jalby

    Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2001
    Messages:
    5,521
    Likes Received:
    1,563
    Status:
    Pre-Veterinary
    They actually rejected me two days ago. Not that I care. My rejection letter of them crossed in the mail.
     
  9. oldman

    oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2002
    Messages:
    4,657
    Likes Received:
    40
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by sternrower:
    <strong>I think that they are just being curteous. I still have schools that I haven't heard a peep from yet. It would be nice to know if my apps are still active, rather than not knowing at all. Give the school some slack.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">which schools haven't you heard from?
    i haven't heard from loyola yet either. all the other schools have sent me their rejection letters.
     
  10. Patiently Waiting

    Patiently Waiting Senior Member

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2001
    Messages:
    378
    Likes Received:
    0
    I got the same letter yesterday. My initial response was also, oh yeah a rejection. I read and re-read the letter (damn, the letter was very ambiguously written)to understand their motive. It sounded like they are willing to offer an interview, "only" to those who are still willing to wait a while. They seem to be exercising a great degree of precaution in offering an invite this late in cycle.
     
  11. sternrower

    sternrower Junior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2002
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Oldman,

    I'm still waiting on Case Western. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago asking what the deal was and they still haven't responded. Definitely a rejection. Also, no word from UVM which I'm still holding out hope for because I've seen some other SDNers getting interviews there lately.
     
  12. oldman

    oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2002
    Messages:
    4,657
    Likes Received:
    40
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by sternrower:
    <strong>Oldman,

    I'm still waiting on Case Western. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago asking what the deal was and they still haven't responded. Definitely a rejection. Also, no word from UVM which I'm still holding out hope for because I've seen some other SDNers getting interviews there lately.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ahhh, case...i got their rejection letter months ago.
     
  13. oldman

    oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2002
    Messages:
    4,657
    Likes Received:
    40
    Status:
    Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Patiently Waiting:
    <strong>I got the same letter yesterday. My initial response was also, oh yeah a rejection. I read and re-read the letter (damn, the letter was very ambiguously written)to understand their motive. It sounded like they are willing to offer an interview, "only" to those who are still willing to wait a while. They seem to be exercising a great degree of precaution in offering an invite this late in cycle.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it seems insulting to be placed on a list like this. basically they'll offer an interview if they are suddenly desparate for another applicant.
     

Share This Page