Reading Comp MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hansen44

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am registered to take the MCAT in late May and I am currently studying around 6-8 hours a day. I have taken around 8 full length tests and I have found that although I have improved slightly and on some exams I score better than others I have a real problem with passage based questions. I understand the material and I am very consistent with discrete questions. However, I struggle with passage based questions, I read over the answers after taking the test and I feel like the answer was right under my nose but I couldn't see it. I actually get around the same % of hard and medium questions right as the easy questions according to the analysis. I cant figure out how to improve my reading comprehension. I would really appreciate any suggestions or strategy's I cant seem to improve my score not because I dont know the material but because I cant remember and pick out the main details from the passage. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello I am registered to take the MCAT in late May and I am currently studying around 6-8 hours a day. I have taken around 8 full length tests and I have found that although I have improved slightly and on some exams I score better than others I have a real problem with passage based questions. I understand the material and I am very consistent with discrete questions. However, I struggle with passage based questions, I read over the answers after taking the test and I feel like the answer was right under my nose but I couldn't see it. I actually get around the same % of hard and medium questions right as the easy questions according to the analysis. I cant figure out how to improve my reading comprehension. I would really appreciate any suggestions or strategy's I cant seem to improve my score not because I dont know the material but because I cant remember and pick out the main details from the passage. Thank you

Not much you can do but practice more and read over the answers and try to get better at getting the info out the passage.

This is the most important part of the test especially for verbal and BS.