Reading comp section on PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panzer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I know people have asked variants of this question but what is the best preparation for the reading comp section on the PCAT?

I did the kaplan stuff but they pick up their passages from past MCATs. I did relatively good in the course. The actual passages on the august 08 pcat weren't as wordy or complex, but I still was stuck with 2 answers to some questions [did some guessing there] and i guess some bad guessing dragged down my percentile score :(

I can get my other section score up as by reviewing more for the concepts. I even raised my writing score but am really frustated by the reading comp. Should I look at GMAT and GRE reading comp sections for practice since pearson doesn't have a lot of practice items on the market.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Did you try the official pearson PCAT practice tests? I found the reading comp section to be very similar to the actual thing. A good thing about it is it provides explanations for each answer and why the others are wrong. I found the MCAT prep reading far more complex, and an overkill to the actual PCAT format.

I think the best factor in the reading comp. is to train yourself with the time. It does not matter what kind of material it is.