Reading Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oscardagrouch

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an FP that works mainly as a typical 9-5 outpatient family doctor. I graduated from residency in mid 2015, and have been working in outpatient since then. My residency program was pretty heavy on the inpatient and ICU rotations, so I have experience working in the inpatient setting.

I started picking up nights shifts at the LTAC owned by the system I was working for and did that for about 1 year. It was not terribly busy, but I did have to manage some ICU patients there as well.

I eventually got an opportunity to work as a hospitalist on the weekends, where I started picking up 1 to 2 shifts every month. I did this for about 7 months.

I have not worked in the hospital for about 6 months now (due to changing jobs), and I am worried that I am starting to forget things when it comes to working on the inpatient side.

Can anyone recommend some reading material (books, websites, etc) that can help refresh me on hospital medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

UCSF Hospitalist Handbook and MGH Pocket Medicine.

Reactions: 1 user