Ready to quit a high paying job!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tabishis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I work for a bank in their telecommunications/Payment processing software support department. It's a high paying job but I'm mostly on call as we have global clients that need support round the clock. I sometimes end up staying at work 'til 10pm. That's like a 15 hour day for me. I don't want this to screw my grades(pre-reqs for medical school0 and need more time to study for MCAT. I was wondering if there are healthcare jobs(not looking to work as a CNA as my wife who's a Speech therapist told me that CNAs do all the dirty work) that do not require 2 year degree or experience in that field. I am OK with going thru a few months of certificate program. I have been searching for such jobs online and mostly find the ones that require hell lot of experience or 2 year degree.
I would truly appreciate your help if you could tell me what jobs(basic) in healthcare I can look into that require no experience or degrees.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So I work for a bank in their telecommunications/Payment processing software support department. It's a high paying job but I'm mostly on call as we have global clients that need support round the clock. I sometimes end up staying at work 'til 10pm. That's like a 15 hour day for me. I don't want this to screw my grades(pre-reqs for medical school0 and need more time to study for MCAT. I was wondering if there are healthcare jobs(not looking to work as a CNA as my wife who's a Speech therapist told me that CNAs do all the dirty work) that do not require 2 year degree or experience in that field. I am OK with going thru a few months of certificate program. I have been searching for such jobs online and mostly find the ones that require hell lot of experience or 2 year degree.
I would truly appreciate your help if you could tell me what jobs(basic) in healthcare I can look into that require no experience or degrees.

Thanks.

License Practical Nurse (LPN)!

Thanks.

EMT-B (Emergency Medical Technician - Basic) as well... And CNA...

Members don't see this ad :)
not to pry but how much money are you looking to make? because if you are leaving a "high paying job," these are jobs are not gonna be high paying. but if money isn't an issue there is plenty you can do. and CNAs do the dirty work yes, but it is important, and many other jobs that aren't front lines dirty may also require or accept a CNA class.

Honestly, for the amount of $ you would make as a CNA, you would be better off cutting your expenses to the bone and taking out some school loans and/or using savings to cover the rest. Your job right now should be to ace your prereqs and the MCAT. Work is an unnecessary distraction.