Real DAT in 2 days..some quick questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Konfetka

Sveta
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2 days left, and I hope i'm ready. I have some questions

1. In the reading section, can u hold down the left button on the mouse to kinda highlight parts of the passage?

2. What do you do during your break? Do you just sit there or can you walk around etc?

3. Is it a problem to get more paper? Do you waste a lot of time doing this?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Konfetka said:

1. In the reading section, can u hold down the left button on the mouse to kinda highlight parts of the passage?

2. What do you do during your break? Do you just sit there or can you walk around etc?

thanks
1. No.

2. I used the restroom and then ate a banana. It took all of 6 minutes and then I got right back to taking the test. At that point I could have reviewed my DAT book but all I had left was reading and math and I didn't need any review for them.

3. I only wrote on 7 of 8 pages given so I never had to get more paper. If you need to, get some during your break. The guy told me that if I ran out I could easily go get a new 8 page booklet when it was needed.

I never tried to highlight any of the passages.

you pretty much either sit there and do nothing, ask permission and use the bathroom or maybe have a seat in the waiting room. i just wanted to get the test over with so i used the bathroom and then went right back to taking the test

they give you enough paper but if you feel that your going to need more i would get it before you start a section. but i dont think ull need more

For Question#1, the answer is Yes.

When I took the DAT, I was able to highlight sections....

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Konfetka said:

thanks

I heard that some of the testing centers give u white board instead of white A4 papers. I prefer blank sheet of white A4 papers over white board :love:

Dr. Konfetka said:

thanks

1) yes. absolutely. they won't stay when you move from passage to passage thou.

2) I could sign out for 15 min. and do whatever I wanted. ...restroom break, sing a song in the hallway, dance....whatever.

3) you get a booklet. 6 sheets thick. you can only get one booklet at a time. I got a new booklet during the break. even thou I didn't need to.

joonkimdds said:
I heard that some of the testing centers give u white board instead of white A4 papers. I prefer blank sheet of white A4 papers over white board :love:
Dude you need to calm down. You're not even taking the DT for another year! Go enjoy your college life and ur classes.

we get an 8 pg booklet? i thought we only recieved 2 sheets of paper at any given time. please confirm. as for the OP, gl :thumbup:

aggie-master said:
1. No.

2. I used the restroom and then ate a banana. It took all of 6 minutes and then I got right back to taking the test. At that point I could have reviewed my DAT book but all I had left was reading and math and I didn't need any review for them.

3. I only wrote on 7 of 8 pages given so I never had to get more paper. If you need to, get some during your break. The guy told me that if I ran out I could easily go get a new 8 page booklet when it was needed.