Aug 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
http://gawker.com/5704554/yes-there-will-be-dinosaurs-on-this-full+scale-noahs-ark

So yea, they'll have fake dinosaurs on this historically accurate Noah's Ark. IMO, we should draw the line and force real dinosaurs.

Also, I love how, from this historically accurate poster, Noah apparently contracted a whole crew of workers to build his ship....and then from the top of the ship, he was all 'LOL @ U' as they all drowned before getting paid.

Something lighthearted to enjoy during your interview cycle.

paul411

ANES
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2010
Florida
Status
Resident [Any Field]
LOL. What a ridiculous waste of money.

willen101383

15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Wait....I thought we have only been around for 2009 years and 11months 4 days???? Dinosaurs? what are they?

On a side note:

This is my 1000th post!!! It has taken me 6 years 5 months to reach this accomplishment!

DrYoda

Space Cowboy
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2008
Dagobah System
Status
Attending Physician
they should make it like the Jurassic Park ride at Disney world.

Also, anyone else enjoy the pre-historical cranes in use by Noah?
Stargate has the answers! Extra-terrestrial Anubis warriors helped him.

This is my 1000th post!!! It has taken me 6 years 5 months to reach this accomplishment!
Congrats!

willen101383

15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
they should make it like the Jurassic Park ride at Disney world.

Stargate has the answers! Extra-terrestrial Anubis warriors helped him.

Congrats!
haha youve lapped me like eleventy hundred times ten times

EDIT plus 535

CaptainSSO

7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2010
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
Obv bs...since aliens helped us build ALL prehistoric structures.
Finally someone else gets it!! That's how the Egyptian tombs were constructed--there wasn't enough oxygen down there for a flame to burn, so they were clearly given extraterrestrial flashlights. It's readily apparent to anyone with even an iota of intelligence that aliens gave a crane to Noah, as well.

willen101383

15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Finally someone else gets it!! That's how the Egyptian tombs were constructed--there wasn't enough oxygen down there for a flame to burn, so they were clearly given extraterrestrial flashlights. It's readily apparent to anyone with even an iota of intelligence that aliens gave a crane to Noah, as well.
This alien architecture thing is my FAVORITE conspiracy theory....because to me it doesnt seem THAT far out.

OP
I
Aug 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Obviously, aliens traveled for hundreds of years and expended untold resources to help mankind build stone structures that they could have plausibly built themselves.

Just to **** with us. I like these aliens. Although if I was interacting with them at that time, I'd be like 'So dude, this plan to build a huge ass stone triangle is nice and Imma let you finish, but how 'bout you help a brotha out and cure the malaria and dysentery that's killing all your workers. Also, it'd be nice to not have half the women in my family die due to childbirth. kkthxbye."

CaptainSSO

7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2010
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
This alien architecture thing is my FAVORITE conspiracy theory....because to me it doesnt seem THAT far out.
Well, my 4.0 roommate believes it...

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student

willen101383

15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Obviously, aliens traveled for hundreds of years and expended untold resources to help mankind build stone structures that they could have plausibly built themselves.

Just to **** with us. I like these aliens. Although if I was interacting with them at that time, I'd be like 'So dude, this plan to build a huge ass stone triangle is nice and Imma let you finish, but how 'bout you help a brotha out and cure the malaria and dysentery that's killing all your workers. Also, it'd be nice to not have half the women in my family die due to childbirth. kkthxbye."
lmao!

But seriously...the way ancient structures were built amazes me. In all seriousness...some of those stones were quarried quite far from the sites they were used in building....crazy.

chman

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Psychology
Forgive my biblical ignorance, but I understand that there was two of every animal on said boat thereby creating an inbred genetic species of every being on earth, but I don't recall Noah having an women on the boat with him? It is only the next logical question to ask then how our species survived?

DrYoda

Space Cowboy
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2008
Dagobah System
Status
Attending Physician

Maybe we caught malaria and dysentery from the aliens.:eek:

Sep 29, 2009
Cleveland
Status
Medical Student
Forgive my biblical ignorance, but I understand that there was two of every animal on said boat thereby creating an inbred genetic species of every being on earth, but I don't recall Noah having an women on the boat with him? It is only the next logical question to ask then how our species survived?
Pretty sure Noah's wife got to tag along. Lucky bitch.

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student

rusyrusyrusy

Removed
Aug 9, 2010
Status
I am offended that you are making fun of my religious beliefs.
Why? I've read a couple of your posts and you seem to have no problem making fun of other people's opinions. It's an open forum. People are entitled to say what they want to.

That said, this forum's devolved into a bullying session at this point. We're supposed to be future physicians. Let's act a little more mature.

CougarMD

Come up screaming
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2008
ISIS Headquarters, NYC
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This thread is full of win. As is any thread talking about Stargate.

Also.....I have a feeling Cole is being sarcastic.

Though if not...please pardon me:)

CougarMD

Come up screaming
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2008
ISIS Headquarters, NYC
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Sarcasm detection fail.

Thank you, have a nice night.
Hahahaha. I thought it was pretty clear. Then started doubting myself when more than one person thought you were serious:)

Jul 11, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Wait, I thought the devil planted the dinosaur bones beneath the earth to trick us!!! ARGH my mind is essploding!!

CougarMD

Come up screaming
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2008
ISIS Headquarters, NYC
Status
Resident [Any Field]

gravitywave

fourth year
Dec 19, 2009
s/p ERAS
Status
Medical Student
re: alien architecture - some people simply can't grasp how boring life was in 2500 BCE. no video games/internet as time suck = you get enslaved into building someone's tomb.

re: geologic record - some people simply can't grasp how long 65m years really is.

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
Pyramids were actually built by workers who were paid quite well. One of the contributing factors to the fall of the old kingdom of Egypt was overuse of resources into meaningless tomb building

seelee

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2008
Cleveland Heights, OH
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know it is oh so special to be all filled to the brim with self-righteous indignation at the thought of people exercising both their freedom of religion and their freedom of speech but lets be honest;

What is the difference between this, and any religious expression by any other religion on the planet?

Why aren't their any threads devoted to mocking the Hindu belief in a pantheon of gods? Or the Buddhist/Hindu belief in reincarnation? Or the various Muslim beliefs?

I'm not a creationist, and I think the whole position is one big falsehood, but I am getting a little tired of all the sanctimonious asshats in these threads who are so quick to ridicule the un-provable beliefs of a bunch of hard working white christians, but wouldn't dare to attack the un-provable beliefs of a bunch of arabs or indians.

chman

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Psychology
I know it is oh so special to be all filled to the brim with self-righteous indignation at the thought of people exercising both their freedom of religion and their freedom of speech but lets be honest;

What is the difference between this, and any religious expression by any other religion on the planet?

Why aren't their any threads devoted to mocking the Hindu belief in a pantheon of gods? Or the Buddhist/Hindu belief in reincarnation? Or the various Muslim beliefs?

I'm not a creationist, and I think the whole position is one big falsehood, but I am getting a little tired of all the sanctimonious asshats in these threads who are so quick to ridicule the un-provable beliefs of a bunch of hard working white christians, but wouldn't dare to attack the un-provable beliefs of a bunch of arabs or indians.
Perhaps it is because the predominant religion in the US is some form of Christianity? Availability heuristic..

Last edited:

Charles_Carmichael

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Status
Non-Student

Just think about it: the majority of posters in pre-allo are in the US/applying to US schools. Considering that Christianity is the dominant religion in the US, it makes complete sense that threads regarding religion tend to focus on Christianity rather than other religions.

Jul 11, 2009
Status
Medical Student
... you spelled disprovable wrong.

OP
I
Aug 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I know it is oh so special to be all filled to the brim with self-righteous indignation
Indignation? Did I express any indignation? People can spend their money how they want, and believe what they want. I find it hilarious. If people want to see Jesus Riding Dinosaurs, I say go for it.

Why aren't their any threads devoted to mocking the Hindu belief in a pantheon of gods?
If we were in India, I'd be doing that. Duh.

Charles_Carmichael

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Status
Non-Student
Indignation? Did I express any indignation? People can spend their money how they want, and believe what they want. I find it hilarious. If people want to see Jesus Riding Dinosaurs, I say go for it.
Wish granted. Here's Jesus on a raptor battling evil unicorns:

paul411

ANES
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2010
Florida
Status
Resident [Any Field]
... I am getting a little tired of all the sanctimonious asshats in these threads who are so quick to ridicule the un-provable beliefs of a bunch of hard working white christians, but wouldn't dare to attack the un-provable beliefs of a bunch of arabs or indians.
Yeah, you wimps. You spineless cowards would never dare attack Allah, Muhammad, Zoroaster, Vishnu, Krishna, Siva, Ra, Horus, Gaia, Zeus, Anu, Thor, Zod, Apollo, Baal, Cthulu, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Also, you're racists: attacking "hard working white" people and leaving alone the Arabs and Indians (There are obviously no Christian Arabs and Indians)? Shame on you. FYI Obama is president now and racism if officially over.

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Yeah, you wimps. You spineless cowards would never dare attack Allah, Muhammad, Zoroaster, Vishnu, Krishna, Siva, Ra, Horus, Gaia, Zeus, Anu, Thor, Zod, Apollo, Baal, Cthulu, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Also, you're racists: attacking "hard working white" people and leaving alone the Arabs and Indians (There are obviously no Christian Arabs and Indians)? Shame on you. FYI Obama is president now and racism if officially over.

chman

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Psychology

+ 1,000,000 Regan dollars.