Real MCAT resembles Self Assessment questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've had professors who rewarded us for mastering homework questions. Sometimes, this went to the extent of taking an unusually difficult question right off of a homework assignment and putting it on the test (either exactly as it was on the homework or with small changes). Other times, it was just a concept that was taking from the homework and put on the exam (that was a step or two further than what was presented in class - so practically the only way to get some questions right on the exam was to have done the homework). This experience with college professors made me think that AAMC might (do the same or similar and) reward us for mastering questions on their self assessments and practice tests.

How helpful did you find AAMC practice material to be? Do you think it's worth it to master every last difficult question on the self assessments?

***Remember that we are NOT allowed to specifically discuss real MCAT exams.**** An answer of very helpful, not helpful, etc. is just fine.

Members don't see this ad.

PS - VERY helpful
VR - so so
BS - fine for orgo, bad for bio, except AAMC 11.

It is helpful in the sense that it exposes you to more AAMC style questions. Will it re-appear on the test you take? NO, I almost guarantee that this wont happen. What helped me was revisiting all my coursework from undergrad classes, even upper level classes. You wont have questions bluntly asking you upper level material, but they give you better understanding of simple material. Also DO NOT get overconfident in your basic intro coursework! Too many people do this!!!