real scoop on Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ERnelly

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard lots of conflicting stuff on Duke's match this year. I read on an earlier thread that the 0/7 match wasn't accurate. Anybody care to share details/opinions about that program. Did they set standards too high for such a new program or were people not impressed when interviewed, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I think Apollyon matched or scrambled into there, wait for him to post or try PM'ing him.

The PD told me that the 0/7 wasn't accurate, but that there WERE some open spots after. I have some ideas, but no evidence, as to what happened, but I'm not going to say publicly - if you are really really interested, PM me (and you'll be satisfied, but also let down - it's pretty banal).

I don't get the big picture, though - it's at Duke, with $$ out the butt, and the name, and there is name recognition - a resident that didn't know any details about the program knew about the chair and PD, whereas I didn't before then.

It had to be a short rank list, because the program sends people to NC ACEP 3 days after the residency begins. It don't get any better than that - even with Sabiston, of Sabiston's Surgery (in it's 16th edition), over 200 publications, and the best thoracic surgery in a wide area, and a gazillion stud medical docs - there to learn from.

Who can say? I'm just three shades of happy to 1. get out of NYC 2. go to a palace of a place 3. be on the track to become an ED doc.

(I scrambled in.)