(Real) University of Toronto Leslie Dan Pharmacy Class of 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dismalcherry

Reaction score
Hey all,
I thought id start a real thread since the other one is just this one guy venting.

******PLEASE DON'T come on here to tell us how ****ty everything is and how we should avoid pharmacy. we've heard it all before and don't need it anymore.***********

This thread is for people who are seriously thinking of applying this year and want to join a community of like minded people.

Anyways, let me know if anyone wants to create a fb gc or something

Happy Applying! :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 6 users
Hi, I'm a Life Sciences student at UTSC majoring in Human Bio and Neuroscience, and I have an avg of about 80% as of now (considering the one course I CR'd has a grade of 50%), though I've been improving recently and my avg for the fall 2020 semester was an 85.8%. I've taken a full course load every semester except for summer 2020, where I took 2 courses. I'm currently in my 4th year and will be graduating at the end of the winter semester. Also, I failed orgo 1 (!) and got a 76 the second time around. Considering the PCAT is no longer being used, I'm afraid that might affect my competitiveness. What are my chances of getting in?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
dang.. I think we are all in the same situation here.
My overall gpa is very low since i had no idea what i was doing. It's at a 2.78.

but my PharmD pre req GPA is a 3.87
I got all A's in OCHEM 1and 2, Physics, Micro, BIo 1 and 2, Anatomy and physiolgy.
where i ****ed up was English 1 and Econ: i got 2 C's
2 B's in Chem 1 and 2

I got an interview for New Mexico lined up for next week. lets see how it goes.

dang.. I think we are all in the same situation here.
My overall gpa is very low since i had no idea what i was doing. It's at a 2.78.

but my PharmD pre req GPA is a 3.87
I got all A's in OCHEM 1and 2, Physics, Micro, BIo 1 and 2, Anatomy and physiolgy.
where i ****ed up was English 1 and Econ: i got 2 C's
2 B's in Chem 1 and 2

I got an interview for New Mexico lined up for next week. lets see how it goes.
Apparently they don't look at prereqs separately, just your cumulative GPA.

Anyone knows when we should hear about interview invites?

Anyone knows how many applicants there are?

They sent out an email last night! Interview invites will be released end of February and the interview date is March 26th-27th

Members don't see this ad :)
How did people find the Casper Snapshot? Any tips to succeed on it? Is it similar to regular interview questions?

It's stressful because of the short time, just review general interview questions.

Hello,
my GPA is really high. I don't have a single B+ or lower on my transcript, and in most of my courses I had A+s. I completed Casper a month ago, and I have also completed Casper Snapshot just right now, as it is a requirement for u of W. I did fine in Casper, but I did really bad in the snapshot (it is really stressful though 😔). Anyone knows if this might affect my chance of getting in?

I did bad on my Casper snapshot as well which will affect the uw application but not uoft. Just hope I receive an interview from uw.

Hello,
my GPA is really high. I don't have a single B+ or lower on my transcript, and in most of my courses I had A+s. I completed Casper a month ago, and I have also completed Casper Snapshot just right now, as it is a requirement for u of W. I did fine in Casper, but I did really bad in the snapshot (it is really stressful though 😔). Anyone knows if this might affect my chance of getting in?
I do not think so. I heard many people got stressed on the snapshot and didn't do so well, so I think the admission committee would understand this. Also, I do not think they will rely on snapshot so much, because there will be interviews for both UofT and UW. Your average and volunteer activities might compensate for your snapshot for UW! This is just my thoughts though!

Reactions: 1 user
Are you guys gonna choose UW or UofT if you got accepted? just wondering :)

I only applied to UofT because it is close to my house and I don't want to move out to Waterloo. I feel UW might be slightly better because of its paid co-op & fewer expenses than Downtown Toronto (food, rent, commuting ...etc). Education-wise, I think both are great schools!

I'd probably pick UW because of co-op! But UofT would also be good for me since I do have some family living in the city.

I’m anxiously waiting for the interview invite... has anyone got any news from them? I messed up my snapshot really bad I hope both uw &uoft focus more on the other parts.

I’m anxiously waiting for the interview invite... has anyone got any news from them? I messed up my snapshot really bad I hope both uw &uoft focus more on the other parts.
I know UofT plans on sending out interview invites at the end of this month.

Hello, everyone! I am currently a 2nd year student. I have created a Facebook group chat so that you guys can talk amongst yourselves about interviews and ask questions about Toronto or pharmacy school or another upper year student. Unfortunately, the Facebook company removed the invitation link to group chat in their update last year and I can only personally invite people. So, if you wish to join and create a community for incoming students Class of 2025, please leave a reply in this thread and I will send you a PM so that you can be added to group chat. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello, everyone! I am currently a 2nd year student. I have created a Facebook group chat so that you guys can talk amongst yourselves about interviews and ask questions about Toronto or pharmacy school or another upper year student. Unfortunately, the Facebook company removed the invitation link to group chat in their update last year and I can only personally invite people. So, if you wish to join and create a community for incoming students Class of 2025, please send me a PM through student doctor network account with your name so that I can find you in Facebook and invite you to group chat. Thanks!
Hi I'd like to be added but I came seem to be able to dm you

Hello, everyone! I am currently a 2nd year student. I have created a Facebook group chat so that you guys can talk amongst yourselves about interviews and ask questions about Toronto or pharmacy school or another upper year student. Unfortunately, the Facebook company removed the invitation link to group chat in their update last year and I can only personally invite people. So, if you wish to join and create a community for incoming students Class of 2025, please leave a reply in this thread and I will send you a PM so that you can be added to group chat. Thanks!
Hi can you send me the invite? Thanks!

Could I please be added!

Hey!! Thanks so much for doing this! Can you add me as well.

Hi! Can you please add me? Thanks!

May I be added as well? Thank you!

May you add me to the FB group as well?

Me too please!

Hello, Thank you for initiating this! May I please be added to the chat as well?

Hi can I pls be added as well

Hi could I also be added please :)

Can I be added as well!

Can I be added too please!

Can I be added too please!

can I also be added? Thank you!

Hi! Can you please add me? Thanks!

PLEASE send me a link to be added as well! would really appreciate it

Hi can I also be added please! Thank you!

may you add me as well