Realist chances of getting into Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fauowl2315

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a 3.204 GPA and havent taken the PCAT yet. I messed up in a few classes in undergrad but retook them and passed them. I have worked at CVS as a technician for 8 years. If I score between a 70-80 on the PCAT do you think I can get into NSU school of Pharmacy or even any pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

Getting in is the really easy part. Finding a job after you graduate is difficult.

You totally can! Thats an decent GPA and if you take your PCAT and score above 70% percent, you will get into an school. Don't be afraid because you messed up in a few classes. I totally messed up Calculus III and Cell Biology during my undergraduate degree but that did not stop me from applying. I have NO idea if I will get into pharmacy school but at this point, I know it is what I want to do in the future. And I will do whatever it takes. You should do that. Take your PCAT and see how you do. And find the reason why you want to go into pharmacy school. I would look into the requirements of NSU School of Pharmacy if I were you such as do they have an PCAT requirements(minimum score). I really BELIEVE you can get into any school you want to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I knew people that got into UW-Madison, which was supposedly #4 in the country at the time, with PCAT scores in the 50s and less pharmacy experience. You'll get in somewhere.

what if you have no pharmacy experience but 3.4 gpa and 90s PCAT score? What are your chances then

Because truth be told, I wanted to go to med school. I took the mcat and totally bombed it. Got denied from every med school (including DO). Pharmacy has always been plan B for me. I would rather do pharmacy then Caribbean medical school. Anyone agree?

Because truth be told, I wanted to go to med school. I took the mcat and totally bombed it. Got denied from every med school (including DO). Pharmacy has always been plan B for me. I would rather do pharmacy then Caribbean medical school. Anyone agree?
Yee

What schools are u looking to apply to?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

what if you have no pharmacy experience but 3.4 gpa and 90s PCAT score? What are your chances then

Assuming you have done at least some shadowing and write a decent personal statement, I would say they are fine. Your state school will probably accept you. You'll get in somewhere.

Computer programming, PA, finance, engineering, or accounting would make a much better plan B. You can enjoy better job prospects without having to take out $200k+ in loans and spend another 4 years in school.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Honestly, no. You're wasting money and time. If you really wanted to be a doctor, you'd try harder and maybe do post-bac program. Pharmacy will never satisfy you if you want to go to med school. If you want to be CLOSE to doing what a doctor does, I'd do NP/PA over pharmacy. NP is easier.