Realistic chances of getting interviews with my stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paliman101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am a re-applicant to dental school and am applying to the class of 2016. My stats are Overall GPA: 3.41, Science:3.44, and BCP: 3.59. The only Cs I obtained for my pre-reqs is in chem 101, and I have four other Cs in my major which is mathematics. My DAT score is 20AA/20TS/17 PAT, Bio-18, OC-22, GC-21, Reading-20, Math-19. I have 262 hours of research, 400 hours of shadowing, and 400 hours of dental assistant experience, and 400 hour of volunteer work. Also, I had a full time job throughout college. I applied to 14 schools and am just wondering what are my chances looking at to getting interviews and getting into dental school. Also, I applied second batch which I am hoping made a difference from applying 8th batch with a DAT of 18AA/18TS/18PAT last cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied second batch which was exactly June 21st everything submitted, and all me secondary application were completed within a day to 7days once I received them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Howard
Lecom
MWU-IL
Tufts
Temple
Michigan
VCU
CASE-which already told me that they won't look at me till spring interviews
Louisville
Roseman
University of New England
Maryland
Kentucky
Pittsburgh

Reactions: 1 user
I think your stats are right around the average for getting accepted, I'd say you have a really good shot....you were smart to apply to so many schools....if you are a good interviewer you should be optimistic.

Howard
Lecom
MWU-IL
Tufts
Temple
Michigan
VCU
CASE-which already told me that they won't look at me till spring interviews
Louisville
Roseman
University of New England
Maryland
Kentucky
Pittsburgh

Yeah that's a good list! You'll be fine!