Reality Show about LMU-DCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SICK I didn't know lmu did house calls on their rural rotation. THAT IS AWSOME

Wow ... this honestly sounds pretty amazing. I hope all goes to plan because this would be a great opportunity for DO PR, LMU PR, and the individual students showcased on the series. Please keep us updated!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well as I asked earlier, is it going to be on any particular channel? I mean, the production company's website is @ blogspot. So... this isn't exactly going to be aired nationally on cable is it?

Well as I asked earlier, is it going to be on any particular channel? I mean, the production company's website is @ blogspot. So... this isn't exactly going to be aired nationally on cable is it?

It sounds like it is going to be filmed and then presented to different tv stations for airing.

It sounds like it is going to be filmed and then presented to different tv stations for airing.

+1. That's generally how this works. The production company will film the series and then they'll market it to various stations to be picked up. If a station pilots it and it gets good ratings they'll pick it up for a season. It's kind of like anything else - a company makes a product and sells it to a business.

If you can catch them, the credits at the end of most shows say something like, "Series created by: [Name] Production Company." Most stations have nothing to do with the shows they air!

I hope filming goes well and this sees the light of national TV! As mentioned, that would be a huge boost to the school and osteopathy as a whole.

It says on the first paragraph where the series will be aired:

Harrogate, Tennessee, December 9, 2010 – Lincoln Memorial University (LMU) in Harrogate, Tenn., and ramp it up entertainment in Hasbrouck Heights, N.J., announced today that they have signed an exclusive agreement to develop a reality television, web and mobile-based series tentatively titled “Black Bag Warriors.”

it also says tv tho?

Yeah, that's what I got from it too. It sounds like they will shop it to TV and if it doesn't happen they are 99% sure they can get it on the web in some form. Either way ... should be good.

Glad to see excitement about this :)

As you guys are saying, we have been hearing that there isn't a guarantee of it making it to TV, but that's definitely the end goal. And it seems it won't really feature lots of students, but rather focus on a few to follow. Although, it seems they'd have to do some shots at the school, so if they film next year, I'll do my best to get in the background shots lol.

No but in all seriousness, this should be interesting. My hope is that it doesn't turn into anything stereotypical as far as reality tv goes. I hope it does the profession well, in addition to my school. And who knows, maybe when I'm in my 4th year, if the show is still going, I'll see if I can join the cast. Bahahahaha- I am definitely not a camera person, so that will definitely NOT be happening.

Keep an eye/ear out for updates! If I hear anything more, I'll try to post something!

You should follow me around my first year of med school this summer. Ill really stir some **** up. It could real world med school style. Man would I get ratings...

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

You should follow me around my first year of med school this summer. Ill really stir some **** up. It could real world med school style. Man would I get ratings...

:rolleyes:

I want in on this action ... I'm 40k in debt, but recently saw 'the Situation' bought a 100k Mercedes.

Grace,

Thanks for updating us. I hope they get a chance to explain the DO/Osteopathic medicine thing well on the show (without making it sound like CAM or avoiding the issue altogether).

I'm curious what the possiblity of doing a "house call" rotation during an elective month is, if you're from another DO school.

I want in on this action ... I'm 40k in debt, but recently saw 'the Situation' bought a 100k Mercedes.

Grace,

Thanks for updating us. I hope they get a chance to explain the DO/Osteopathic medicine thing well on the show (without making it sound like CAM or avoiding the issue altogether).

Well my one regret to not attending KCOM was that you and I won't be having a brew anytime soon. Perhaps they can do a cross country DO school tour show hosted by me (damn that's a great idea) where I just go around to visit all the cool people on SDN at the various schools and we drink beer and talk ****. Man... Discovery Health... are you reading? Do you want an emmy? Call me.

Well my one regret to not attending KCOM was that you and I won't be having a brew anytime soon. Perhaps they can do a cross country DO school tour show hosted by me (damn that's a great idea) where I just go around to visit all the cool people on SDN at the various schools and we drink beer and talk ****. Man... Discovery Health... are you reading? Do you want an emmy? Call me.

I would both be down for this tour and would also watch a show based off SDN.

Grace,

No problem. I'll do my best to pass on any updates I hear through school.

I'm curious what the possiblity of doing a "house call" rotation during an elective month is, if you're from another DO school.
This probably isn't too much of a stretch really. As far as I understand (as a lowly first year lol), this rotation experience is one that is part of the few required rotations our curriculum has in the 4th year and they are just called our "Rural medicine" rotations. I think it has just happened that some of the docs we get set up with at some of those sites do house calls. So it might require some research, but you might find that in many rural areas across the country honestly.