realized that i miscategorize biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahhh123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized today that i misclassfied biochemistry as bio on my aamcas.. i didnt' read the help section..gosh soo stupid :( my aamcas are not verified yet though. what should i do? are they really gonna send it back to me for me to correct it.. i think its really stupid that they don't go by your school's classification.. argh. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I just got verified yesterday and realized that I did something comparable. I took a biotechnology course in my school's biomedical engineering dept but AMCAS says to list it as Biology. (I wish i had, it would have increased my BCOM GPA and I'm really upset about it...)

I doubt that they'll ask you to correct it however as they didn't ask me to correct my biotech classification.

ahhh123 said:
I realized today that i misclassfied biochemistry as bio on my aamcas.. i didnt' read the help section..gosh soo stupid :( my aamcas are not verified yet though. what should i do? are they really gonna send it back to me for me to correct it.. i think its really stupid that they don't go by your school's classification.. argh. :(

they will fix the bio/chem problem for you. and if they dont, then it dosnt matter b/c it wont change your sci gpa

Members don't see this ad :)
ull be fine. theyll reject your app, if its filled with glaring errors and, depending on the mood of the verifier, and doesn't feel like correcting all your mistakes. Sounds like you'll be fine

ahhh123 said:

Well, they are trying to standardize things. Get one GPA, even if you were on a quarter system, or a semester system, or some other system. There is a huge list of what they count as what in the HELP section of AMCAS for everyone else still filling it out. The more things you get the way THEY want you to put it, the faster you get verified. Be compliant to their format.

jackieMD2007 said:
Well, they are trying to standardize things. Get one GPA, even if you were on a quarter system, or a semester system, or some other system. There is a huge list of what they count as what in the HELP section of AMCAS for everyone else still filling it out. The more things you get the way THEY want you to put it, the faster you get verified. Be compliant to their format.

yeh i understand how they want to standardize certain things but I mean if we took a certain class to count as either biology or chemistry.. then shouldn't we get credit for it regardless? that's just my opinion..

ahhh123 said:
yeh i understand how they want to standardize certain things but I mean if we took a certain class to count as either biology or chemistry.. then shouldn't we get credit for it regardless? that's just my opinion..

I don't see what you're getting so worked up about. the adcom is gonna look at the course name (and the grade!) more closely than the course classification.

quantummechanic said:
I don't see what you're getting so worked up about. the adcom is gonna look at the course name (and the grade!) more closely than the course classification.

I put it as biology because it's a requirement of biology majors. Not chemistry majors. And it's in the bio department anyway.

(And no they don't care. They didn't change it on my AMCAS)

quantummechanic said:

sorry.. but i'm definitely not getting worked up about it.. i'm very relax and just expressing my opinion. Sorry if my msg bothered u in anyway

gapotts2003 said:
I put it as biology because it's a requirement of biology majors. Not chemistry majors. And it's in the bio department anyway.

(And no they don't care. They didn't change it on my AMCAS)

Yes thanks! that's all i wanted to know