really confused...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullishMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my transcript was sent in before my spring quarter grades and when amcas calculated my semester hours it was 84 hours. some schools say (ex. georgetown) "no applications will be considered unless the applicant has completed 90 credit hours of course work at the time of application, including the required courses" Now my quarter is over and i have more than 90 semester hours will schools like georgetown review my app or just throw it out even though it says 11 semester hours in progress...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because i heard transcripts take a long time to be processed and I wanted to apply as early as possible

so if i waited for spring quarter grades i wouldnt be applying early...i called amcas and asked them if i should wait for my spring quarter grades she said it doesnt matter

Because i heard transcripts take a long time to be processed and I wanted to apply as early as possible

so if i waited for spring quarter grades i wouldnt be applying early...i called amcas and asked them if i should wait for my spring quarter grades she said it doesnt matter

It does matter. Most schools won't review your file until you report all your course work up through junior year (or the equivalent 90 credits). The good news is that you are so early in this process it's not even funny. It's June 17th so relax. Just update your grades and even if it takes 1.5 months to get reverified you'll be in good shape. I just finished my application cycle, and I can tell you that applying super early is WAY overrated. Good luck :thumbup:

It does matter. Most schools won't review your file until you report all your course work up through junior year (or the equivalent 90 credits). The good news is that you are so early in this process it's not even funny. It's June 17th so relax. Just update your grades and even if it takes 1.5 months to get reverified you'll be in good shape. I just finished my application cycle, and I can tell you that applying super early is WAY overrated. Good luck :thumbup:

Meh, better than finishing in September and finding out in a year that being "late" is probably what screwed over your chances.