Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

MD Really don't want another gap year, help me with finalizing school list (3.73/34)

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by JingleChips, 05.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. JingleChips

JingleChips 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    thanks for the help all :D

Last edited: 07.31.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lmn

lmn 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You just want maximum chances out of these? Take off schools like GW and Georgetown, they have some of the most amount of applicants per year, your stats may be fine for them, but you are fighting the odds. Next look into OOS seats they offer/people applying and start narrowing down more. For example, Dartmouth may be a fair match for you, but their class size is half of that at other places = less seats = theoretically less chance. Also take into consideration each school's missions and selection reasoning, Brown takes in a lot of their undergrads I believe, so if you didn't go to Brown consider that.

4. wannabeMD19

wannabeMD19 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I might remove Georgetown, GWU, UMaryland (likes state residents), etc because they get many applicants and are much more competitive than their accepted scores imply. Loyola and Gtown are Jesuit and you have an advantage if you are as well.

Wake Forest, VT, UMiami are good matches for your scores. (you should have no problem getting an interview at Wake provided you apply early.) I would look at MSAR and scratch off schools on that Maybe List that don't accept a good percentage of OOS students.

5. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    Temple
    Jefferson
    Drexel
    Commonwealth
    Penn
    Penn State
    Pitt
    Boston Univ
    Tufts
    NYMC
    Albany
    Hofstra
    Albert Einstine
    NYU
    Rochester
    Dartmouth
    Univ of Cincinnati
    Loyola
    Duke
    Emory
    U VT
    Miami
    USC
    MCW
    SLU
    Ohio State
    Hofstra
    Vanderbilt
    Toledo
    Wake Forest
    Rowan
    SUNY Downstate (maybe)
    UCF (maybe)
    USF (maybe)
    Brown (maybe...they favor their own UGs)
    Mt Sinai (maybe)

About the ads