Really freaking out now, any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eltor07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm retaking the MCAT aug 9th and I started to take my first kaplan full length since the last time I took the MCAT. I could not concentrate at all. I'd read passages and not understand anything and I have no idea why this is happening. I got a PS 10, VR 7, BS 11 WS M on my first take. I'm just really freaking out now and don't know if I should even bother taking the MCAT again....

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes I feel like that when I haven't done a Kaplan FL in a while too (like a 2+ week seperation). The lag time prolly makes my brain unfit, sort of like trying to run a marathon after not running for 2 weeks. After a good day of hard-review, my mind relaxes into MCAT mode again, and I can actually concentrate on the passages.

So I'd try reviewing your material, and re-taking a FL in 1-2 days and see if anything changes.

Sometimes it isnt how many FLs you can get in. Doing 7 FL's in 7 days might even end up hurting you.

Doing 2 FLs a week and taking things at pace may make you feel more confident, less burdened, and solve all the intangibles on test day so you dont freak the &#&@ out.

Take it from me, getting in as many FLs as possible isn't a proven method for an improved score.

hey OP, your PS and BS scores look okay. But VR (ouch) does have a lot to do with concentration. Try to get interested in each passage. Pretend to be, I've stumbled across some passages that could put me to sleep. Also, after a long day of review - my VR scores tend to drop. Try taking a section test first thing in the morning and compare those scores to tests that you take at other times of the day. And relax, it's just one practice test.

Regardless of your practice test scores, all that matters is how you perform on test day. You won't be bored or tired on test day since you'll stop studying the day before and/or the morning of.