REALLY need advice on this semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Penny

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
N/a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
(keyboard is acting weird. Apologies for uncapitalized letters and random italicized). i am a career changer and i already have a degree so i am only doing pre-req courses.

i am signed up for anatomy and lab, micro NO lab, and physics ii with lab. bad idea? i have a 4.05 and im worried im a) wasting money taking micro when it is not required and i am poor. id rather put that money toward interviews b) that one of my classes will suffer and i will hurt my gpa, which is important since I have an average DAT.

my anatomy professor advised me to drop micro. he said most of his students try to do this to look more competitive but one class ends up suffering in the end.
i have very hard professors this semester and a lot of online assignments and reading required for all. it is very time consuming. i know i will end up with a's and b's at worst but i really want to maintain all a's. the only reason why i want to do it is so schools can see that i can handle an intense course load since I have been taking 2 courses each semester since that was all I could afford.

i took molecular cell bio and biochem over the summer and got an A+ in both so maybe that shows that i am capable of an intense academic load?

I'd rather drop micro now during drop/add period instead of getting a W. But either way I told dental schools I was taking micro this semester in my application. So not sure what the right choice is.

I would really appreciate any positive and helpful advice since drop/ add is over on Friday.

Plan the classes you MAY NOT NEED in the Spring. That way when you're hopefully accepted in December, you'll know which classes to take. Academic update you can remove Micro.

Plan the classes you MAY NOT NEED in the Spring. That way when you're hopefully accepted in December, you'll know which classes to take. Academic update you can remove Micro.

Thank you for your input!

Members don't see this ad :)