Really need some advice-- Cancelling MCAT outside of "Bronze Zone"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funnybanana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I think I really screwed up and now I can't sleep. I went to cancel my upcoming MCAT for 9/12, and realized I can't do it. This is terrible for me since it's my 3rd attempt this year and a "no-show" will count as an attempt! Am I out of luck or is there a chance that if I call the AAMC they might be able to cancel it for me so I can reschedule in November?

I know it's now excuse, but I completely forgot to cancel. I signed up for some more classes this year (biochemistry, physiology, molecular biology) and it completely slipped my mind. I really think I messed up...has anyone been/heard of anyone in a similar situation?

Members don't see this ad.

They will not let you cancel it.

It's too late now. Your only options are either void or believe in yourself.

Good luck.

^ But it will still count as one of his registration attempts. Nothing goes on the books score-wise, but he's right: if this is his third registration that went un-canceled for any reason (whether he attempted the test, didn't show, forgot to cancel, or whatever) for the year, it will count as a registration/attempt and he won't be able to register again this year.

That's what it says on the site anyways, I'm no authority.

To the OP - if you know you're not ready because you forgot to cancel and haven't been preparing, there's no reason to take it unless you want to take it for "fun", or for the experience, and void. Or just don't show up. Either way, if you weren't planning and preparing to take it on this date, DON'T. Schedule in January.

What's your testing history? Do you have 2 scored MCAT attempts on your record from this year, or have you been voiding/not showing up?

Reactions: 1 user
^ Your right my bad. I did not read the post properly (wasn't sleeping properly last night and was on my computer early in the morning).