really need suggestion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drtanujpuri

virginia
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there..
I was doing the dental decks and the question papers for my part 1and everything was going so well.I even started thinking that I know something from all the subjects.
but now recently I started doing the kaplan supplementry test and I just couldnt answer anyof them.I feel so horrible and depressed.feel that I know nothing all all the hard work of 3 months has gone waste.
can any one plz tell me r the part 1 exams as difficult as in kaplan or they are ok as in dental decks and ques.papers..
plz help..
thanks
tanuj :( :( :( :( :( :confused: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

drtanujpuri said:
hi there..
I was doing the dental decks and the question papers for my part 1and everything was going so well.I even started thinking that I know something from all the subjects.
but now recently I started doing the kaplan supplementry test and I just couldnt answer anyof them.I feel so horrible and depressed.feel that I know nothing all all the hard work of 3 months has gone waste.
can any one plz tell me r the part 1 exams as difficult as in kaplan or they are ok as in dental decks and ques.papers..
plz help..
thanks
tanuj :( :( :( :( :( :confused: :scared:

My take about part1 is the difficulty score is halfway between deks+past questions and kaplan. if you are doing Kaplan online question bank then you probably have to cram lots of answer from it. Your score will really push up. I solved Kaplan's thousand questions just three weeks running upto exam and although I was heartbroken to start with I learnt lots of things which you don't get anywhere else. ( I also studied Board review Series, Snail's clinical anatomy and Wheeler's dental anatomy).

My advice is stick to Kaplan...and this is my very personal opinion. :thumbup: :luck:

rahmed

thanks rahmed..
I think the only way I can remember them is mug them up.cause none of my logics and knowledge is of any use in them.I think I should try to do these ques.properly as I have less than a month left for my exam along with the usual ques.papers.
I just hope I remember them cause i dont think I will have any time for revision.are u from VA.cause I am from VA too..
take care
tanuj :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
how i can get hold of kapalan supp test papers??!! and also do i have to know sign up for the course in order to get the online 1000 question papers...that was mentioned!!??

drtanujpuri said:
thanks rahmed..
I think the only way I can remember them is mug them up.cause none of my logics and knowledge is of any use in them.I think I should try to do these ques.properly as I have less than a month left for my exam along with the usual ques.papers.
I just hope I remember them cause i dont think I will have any time for revision.are u from VA.cause I am from VA too..
take care
tanuj :confused:

That's what I did. I just tried to cram the answers without understanding the principle behind them. Surprisingly it paid off and in actual exam. The 'difficult' questions seemed not so difficult as I was already somewhat familiar with the wordings. 12 years after I last sat for any basic medical/dental subjects examination, I studied for 10 weeks for the part 1 exam and scored 86. It brought back lots of confidence and I attribute good portion of that to Kaplan online question bank.

I live in Richmond, VA. :thumbup: :luck:

rahmed

dove15 said:
Hi

I have been feeling the same tho' i thought i had done all of these subjects well!!
so hang in there!!

...i'm really curious to know how i can get hold of kapalan supp test papers??!! and also do i have to know sign up for the course in order to get the online 1000 question papers...that was mentioned!!??
hi,
you can get the kaplan supp test papers by joining their online course for 1 month or 3 months. Both offer the same number of questions. Checks kaplan's web site for details.
Hope this helps!
good luck :thumbup:

HI...
yes the kaplan supp.papers are really diff.u wont find the ques in any other ques papers or even dental decks.I am sure half of them u wouldnt have even heard of.initially its a big blow to the confidence but later u realise that its good u have gone thru these ques.
I am doing the kaplan papers these days and I have realised they are helpful.cause they have the explanations to every ques.and all the choices..
tanuj :oops:

drtanujpuri said:
HI...
yes the kaplan supp.papers are really diff.u wont find the ques in any other ques papers or even dental decks.I am sure half of them u wouldnt have even heard of.initially its a big blow to the confidence but later u realise that its good u have gone thru these ques.
I am doing the kaplan papers these days and I have realised they are helpful.cause they have the explanations to every ques.and all the choices..
tanuj :oops:
hi tanuj,
all the best with ur prep...
go thru the explanations and also see how other choices were ruled out and the best was selected.this wud really help in improving your test taking skills.