Really Worried And I Don't Know Why

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yugo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am honestly not even sure if this is the site for me, but I'll try anyway.

I'm in high school (Currently grade 11) and I'm worried about my future. I DEFINITELY want to a go field in healthcare, but I'm worried about getting there. I currently have physics this semester, and I'm struggling. I am not sure how Physics applies to medicine, and my average throughout grade 9 and 10 was between 85%-91%. What are my chances of getting in? (I'm having anxiety attacks because I'm scared I'll fail)

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my God. What has this process done to this country's young people?

And why is this in the non-trad forum?

Yugo

You seem to be in an serious, unnecessary, and unhealthy way to live at this point in your life. I am sure others will explain why you should not be having anxiety attacks over HS work. Please reasses and get in touch with your spiritual life. Best wishes!

P.S. unless you are troll...

Members don't see this ad :)
Buckle down and study (and don't come back here)...high school doesn't matter, get into a decent college and do well there...

Buckle down and study (and don't come back here)...high school doesn't matter, get into a decent college and do well there...

Yugo, you can come back here anytime. But seriously dude, or honey....relax. And for Christ's sake PLEASE, enjoy being 16. You have no idea how good you have it.

Okay, maybe anxiety attack was a little too strong, but I get worried for time to time. And it's not crying, it's just a queasy feeling in the stomach. So is University physics hard?

Okay, maybe anxiety attack was a little too strong, but I get worried for time to time. And it's not crying, it's just a queasy feeling in the stomach. So is University physics hard?

It probably depends on the school, professor, etc. Also, you do NOT have to take the calculus based physics for medical school, which makes it easier. I actually did much better in my college physics classes than I did in my high school one. I think that was because the professor seemed to like teaching us and there wasn't as much busy work.

Anyway, don't stress now. Just finish high school and go to a college where you feel comfortable and can do well. It's really too early to judge your medical aptitude in any way based on a few physics exams in high school. Just do your best and take it as it comes. It's a long journey. :)

I'm in high school (Currently grade 11) and I'm worried about my future. I DEFINITELY want to a go field in healthcare, but I'm worried about getting there. I currently have physics this semester, and I'm struggling. I am not sure how Physics applies to medicine, and my average throughout grade 9 and 10 was between 85%-91%. What are my chances of getting in? (I'm having anxiety attacks because I'm scared I'll fail)

go away.

Hey, Yugo, you're lucky. I'm taking physics in college this year and I never had it in high school. It was sort of scary going in because I knew that most of the other college kids would have taken it. Guess what? It's almost easy! If I had taken it in high school, then it would be even easier because everything wouldn't be brand new learning.

Don't worry about it right now. When you get there, you will be ready. You will be older. It will seem easier. What you need to work on right now is choosing colleges that will be a good fit for you. Look at catalogs. Visit the schools that interest you. Find a place that has class sizes and a personality that you like. When you are in college, there will be advisors to help you choose classes and people to help prepare you for the career you choose. You won't know your chances of getting in until you've done a few year's worth of courses. It won't do any good to worry about it right now.

There are many kinds of health careers. Now is a good time to explore what you might like about each. Your library might have some information. You can also find web pages that are like brochures that describe different types of jobs. Talk to people in your community. You don't have to decide now. In fact, if you do, you will probably change your mind later. If you focus too far ahead on your future, you won't be getting the most out of what you should be doing now.

Some people on here will be mean. They might be older than you, but won't act like it. They still like to tease people, just like kids I bet you remember from middle school. Treat them the same way. Ignore them.

Your average is between 85%-91% in highschool...wow that'll tremendously drop when you enter college!!!! haha j/k... My brother had a 2.1 gpa in highschool and hes in college has a 3.8gpa in college and is in the honors program. So you'll be fine!

2 more years of hs (doesnt matter how you do, just get into a college)
4 years of undergraduate (start stressing THEN)

after THAT, you get to go to medical school. And who knows, your life goals "might"/"probably will" change by then.

Ok- first physics doesn't relate to medicine very much- but it is required to prove you can think that high! I also took physics in HS (12th grade)... and I will say it has paid dividends now that I am in college physics this semester. I made a perfect score on my first exam...

So study hard but realize you are laying a foundation and then build from there.

Chances of getting in- who knows... go to college focus and see what your GPA is then. If you keep it at the percentage listed then you will have like a 3.5ish GPA which is not bad... However if you can't get some A's you will have a 3.0 which is not good...

I would highly encourage you to look into volunteer opportunities now. Where I live the hospital has a summer volunteer program for teens. Better to find out now what interest you.

My first day in college biology the dean of the science department came in and asked students to raise their hand if they wanted to do pharmacy, medicine, dentistry, or veterinary medicine. About 75% of the 40 student class raised their hands. He said ok well only 2 of you will make it... Now as a junior I have watched almost all of that class switch majors- not me I have been pre-med since age 7! Good luck though

Yeah.. i would say that 60-75% of my 1st year bio class wanted to do medicine.... that number significantly dropped from 1st to 2nd year, made a HUGE drop from 2nd to 3rd.. and from like 75-100 1st year pre-meds, I think like 8 applied last year (4th year), and mabye 2 or 3 got in .

FUN!!!

hey, at least i'm one of the 8 this year.

It takes a lot of guts, effort, dedication to even make it to the point of applying (with a decent chance).

Man ppl actually start freaking out about med school in HS. The only thing I was worried about in hs was sports and girls. Whats up with this?

Yeah.. i would say that 60-75% of my 1st year bio class wanted to do medicine.... that number significantly dropped from 1st to 2nd year, made a HUGE drop from 2nd to 3rd.. and from like 75-100 1st year pre-meds, I think like 8 applied last year (4th year), and mabye 2 or 3 got in .

FUN!!!

hey, at least i'm one of the 8 this year.

It takes a lot of guts, effort, dedication to even make it to the point of applying (with a decent chance).

I think out of maybe 40-50 or so premeds (our school was heavy on pharmacy). We probably have now like 3 competitive applicants. most of the other ppl are either in business or trust