MD & DO REAPP help w/ school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjs18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Redacted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you considered retaking the MCAT as a way of increasing your competitiveness? I see Boston, Case and Ohio on your list but aren't their averages like 516-518? It's also well below the average MD Matriculant of 510-511.

Have you considered retaking the MCAT as a way of increasing your competitiveness? I see Boston, Case and Ohio on your list but aren't their averages like 516-518? It's also well below the average MD Matriculant at 510-511.

Just to clarify, those were schools I applied to this past cycle. If I reapply I will not apply to schools like those this time. I have also considered retaking MCAT. I just never have been a great standardized test taker so I dont know how well I could improve. It was pretty on par with my practice exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro @Faha Would very much appreciate your opinions if you would be willing.
Definitely work on interview skills.
Rewrite all essays, and have multiple eyeballs vet them

Here is a more realistic list:

Temple
Jefferson
EVMS
Tulane
NYMC
Drexel
Wayne State (maybe)
U Toledo
Seton Hall
Rosy Franklin
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
Loyola
WVU
VCU
U VM
Rush
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Albany
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Netter
Gtown
GWU
Your state school(s).
Nova MD
TCU

Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me.

Reactions: 1 user
You could still be accepted this cycle with 3 waitlists. If you need to reapply, include at least 10 DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.